Another birthday celebrated alone. Sigh.

Eddienhp

Today is my late husband's birthday. It is the 5th one without him. People who haven't experienced our loss don't understand that we still experience significant days. While I don't experience the pain of new grief mostly, I have a cloud of sadness hanging around today. I don't feel like doing anything. It's hard to focus. I am not in the mood to see or talk to anyone. Unfortunately I have a work deadline I have to deal with so communication with others is unavoidable.  Its a grin an bear it type of day. My 7 year old daughter made a card. Inside it read, "Dad, sorry". When I asked her about it she said she was sorry he is dead. It is interested how children deal with grief. She was 2 when he died. She doesn't remember him but she knows him through pictures. Both she and my son grieve the void left by not having a father. They miss him even though they don't remember him. It is so painful to watch as a parent yet I must let them express their feelings. I didn't tell them it is their father's birthday. I don't want to trigger more grief for them. This sucks. I just want to stay home in bed. Grrrhhhhh.

:'(

Eileen