Coming upon 7 years

bumbleb

It just blows my mind that I will be hitting my 7 year DDay mark in 9 days.

I'm not quite sure how I will process it, my habit was just to cocoon and cry, but I just started a new job so I can't take a PTO day. I'm hoping to be super busy at work all day, I'll probably just cry in my car during my commute and lunch. That's emotionally healthy~*eyeroll*.

Speaking of work, I met another Widow, she was very straight-forward about it, I really envy that. I didn't say anything because my boss was sitting next to me and it still throws me for a loop when I met another young Widow/er. I will share my "W" status with her, but not in a busy, open office, it's not in my comfort zone.

Honestly, I feel like I am pre-gaming for my grief. I'm making a list of things I need- waterproof mascara, cucumber mask, bottle of wine- my survival tools.

It's all I can do to cope, and that's the goal.

Namaste <3

Hugs to you, bumbleb.

The 7 year hit me harder than I expected it would just a few weeks ago.  I had most of the day off and tried to write a paper for school, but didn't have the best success.  I had class and many people knew it was a tough day for me, but I just pushed my way through.  As has been my experience, the days before were hard and the day after I had significant relief from my anguish.

Not that I wish days away, but I will hope you get to the other side of this anniversary date and the grief will again abate.

Maureen

Hugs, I hit 7 years last month also.  It amazes me that it's been 7 years!  Then my son had a 16th birthday, a milestone, without his Dad.  That made me tear up even worse, to know all that my son has missed from having his Dad, to know what his Dad has missed in seeing him grow.  7 years...really?  Has it been that long?  Sure doesn't feel like it on most days!

Wishing you strength to get through the week and the upcoming days.

• 2 months later...

I just passed 8 years. My life is completely different.  I would do anything to know he is safe, happy, existing somewhere. I am an atheist, but I do believe in continued existence (long story). That pain isn't debilitating anymore, but it still affects me every day. And it probably always will.