Another milestone

Guest Mel4072

Guest Mel4072

My son got married today. 3 months before DH death (cancer), my then 19 yr old son moved in with his girlfriend. She wanted a baby and she got one. They tied the knot today. My son is sad that Dad is not here to enjoy these joyous occasions. Smh. This is the result of grief. I hope that it all turns out well for them but it's not what DH would have wanted.

I was fine until our pastor approached me right before the ceremony and told me how proud DH would be of me because of how I've handled everything since his death. How DH is looking down from heaven and smiling. That brought me to tears. The kind that keep creeping out for hours. Now, I'm emotionally exhausted. I've done this solo thing for 2 years. I've carried the grief of others and worn the strong shoulders. To hear the pastor tell me how amazing everybody thinks I am and that DH would be proud of me reduced me to a crumpled mess. I Was doing so well. I was so happy. And now I'm mourning.

My bf is out of town tonight and I wish he were here. He always has the right thing to say/ do to make me feel better.  Or At least a little bit normal. He is so understanding.

Today was a big milestone for you and you don't have to feel strong all of the time. You are amazing  and you're also human.  You have earned the right all of the range of emotions you are feeling. 

Sending you hugs