Can't seem to find my way

Guest angelk75

Guest angelk75

9/30/16. The day my world was completely shattered. I married young and he was a bit older so I knew in the back of my mind that we wouldn't grow old together, but I never thought It would be this soon either and it was so sudden and unexpected. We were married for 22 years and have 7 children (they're  the only reason I continue to get out of bed everyday). Other than the basics for survival, I can't seem to find the will to do anything. Tears just come so randomly and often  these days and the pain is so much that sometimes I can barely breath. I feel like I should be doing more to help my children through this, but how can I when I can't seem to find the way myself.

Sorry to hear of the passing of your husband.

It is every widowed parent's worst nightmare to fret over the kids and how the tragedy has, or will, affect them. Most of the time, they grieve in their own way and come out the other end just fine. Just keep an eye out for real trouble and reach out to others when necessary to help them along.

Be there for them as best you can - sadly, they know you are grieving too.

Best wishes - Mike

I'm so sorry for your loss- sending thoughts, cares, prayers, and hugs your way. You are taking care of the basics, keep putting one foot in front of the other. Like you and Mike, the children were a major worry for me. I found the short, everyday questions/discussions from them to be very helpful over time (as opposed to a big group therapy discussion). Wish you the best.

Wow... 7 kids... Your house must be more insane than mine is with 4...

You can do this, you were strong enough to be a mother to 7 kids, you are certainly strong enough to help make sure they become the kind of people that would do your husband proud.

Just remember that if you can make it through today, you can make it through tomorrow... And if you can make it through tomorrow, you can make it through next week and next month...

Guest angelk75

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words. I wish none of us had to be here, but it is nice knowing everyone here understands in a way my family and friends fortunately just can't. Again, thank you for listening.

• 3 weeks later...