I hate Christmas

fuchsiasky

Christmas without Rob blows.  I am not enjoying the season.  It was my birthday last week, then DD8 on Saturday, then Christmas, then new years which is also Robs birthday.  I'm tired and sad and want to curl up and hide.  DD told me that December is hard and she hates it.  We are both feeling like we could just skip whole thing. 

We will try and find some little joys.  But this holiday is brutal.

Hi fuchsiasky,

I posted about my apprehension regarding the holidays too. I just finished up many grouped significant dates in October and November. December is crammed with work and school activities for the kids. I was never a big holiday person. I was raised in an alcoholic home which was very stressful. Now my husband is gone, I really have a tough time. I have a 10 and 7 year old along with a 24 year old stepdaughter. I try for them. We will be together, just us, for Christmas Eve. We are decorating cookies, ordering take out food and will play a game. I am fine with that because it is what we do when my stepdaughter comes. Christmas Day will be at my Mom's with siblings. That will be harder. It is a small space. I am forced to be in close proximity to everyone.

Maybe you could skip it this year. Go to a movie. Take a hike. Bake. Do a craft together.

http://widda.org/index.php/topic,2915.0.html

I send you and your DD peace and hugs.

Eileen

I am with you.  I knew it would be hard but it is hitting me harder and sooner than expected.  Haven't been a fan of all the hoopla for as long as I can remember, but have always loved Christmas for the family time.  S and I had quite different work schedules and this was one of the times of year we looked forward to to spend time together and with family.  And he was a big fan of the holiday.  I am supposed to be travelling to spend it with my family (who are all womderful support, so it isn't about that).  I say supposed to because every day I think more and more about backing out.  It is where we were when he died on Dec 29 last year.  i am dreading it.  All of it.  Ugh.

But what I do know - what I have learned in this last year - is this too shall pass.  There will be some really, really difficult days ahead, but they will be followed by better moments, better days. This is one more thing to get through,  and we will.

Peace and love to all of you,

K.