I'm such a rollercoaster of mixed feelings...

One day I'm mad, the next I'm sad, the next I find my light again, and I can smile. And BAM!!! It hits me all over again. I feel like I'm just waiting for him to come home, like I'm going to see him pull into our driveway and find out, this was all some bad dream.

I would give anything to curl up into his arms and kiss him. I would like one more time to tell him everything he meant to me and the children. It's been a mean world without my handsome sweet husband. :(

I'm just not feeling the day today. I want him here...💔

I don't have any profound words for you but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm at 7 1/2 months and I'm the same way. My emotions are still all over the place too. Shit by noon most days I've cried, I've cursed the world, I've even felt a little bit of hope.

Some days I stay in a funk all day but most days now I find myself smiling at something. That's not something I could have said four months ago so I think that's progress. I still usually cry at least once a day but I'm able to pull myself together afterwards.

I don't know when things are supposed to get better, I'm still waiting. I suppose they are slightly better. Just keep moving, that's all we can do now. I try to find joy where I can, in my children, my friends, nature, a good cup of coffee. I take what I can get. I'm sorry I know it sucks.

I am there with you today too ladies. Today I just couldn't get motivated to do, well, much of anything. One day I'm ok, the next I'm a wreck and then I am through a rollercoaster until I get another good-ish day.

I dreamed of him the other night too...he came to tell me it was all a mistake and wasn't true at all.....yet when I woke up it sure was. So, now I haven't really slept in 2 days.

I agree with Geminigirl though, as we can do I continue to try our very best to move forward in some way....one tiny step at a time!

It does suck though and I hope that some day it sucks a bit less. At least none of us are totally alone.

MB

• 1 month later...

Sending you all hugs.

It's probably the most frustrating thing not feeling in control of your own mind. Like you never know when the grief is going to hijack you. Geminigirl I agree with you that it does get better from the first few months to after 6 months to some extent but I still have days where it seems to come back like it's week one all over again.

I miss my husband so much and would do anything to see him one more time but I have accepted that will never happen as much as I hate it. I just wish I didn't have to relive the worst of the pain over and over randomly as the days go on.

I think everyone will accept the truth but will take their own time. I noticed my kids have accepted the truth faster than me. I still sometimes keep looking for her inside the home at night. Some days don't feel much pain some days can't stop myself. Also if you are surrounded by people i noticed I feel less pain.