Back after several years

YoungWidow26

I found this site after looking for the ywbb forum. It sounds like it was closed and this is the replacement right?

I recognized the island of misfit widows/ers so I think I'm in the right place. I'm using my old user name. I was 26 at the time that my husand passed.

I found ywbb over 6 years ago when my husband was killed in an accident. Unfortunately, a dear friend has just lost her husband this week and today asked me for links and sites take might help.

I thought of this forum immediately. It was a life line in the early days and years. Just reading others posts helped immensely. Learning to express myself was life changing. So if there are others her from "back in the day" hello and THANK YOU.

Perhaps it's my turn to pay it forward helping others here. I remember when 6 years out seemed like a lifetime and beyond active grieving sounded both like a relief and terrible.

Life has had many beautiful surprises and blessings along the way over the last 6 years. I'm very grateful. I'll share more later, but for now I'm happy to have returned here again.

• 3 weeks later...

I just referred a total stranger to this site - a friend of a friend on FB. I hate having anyone new to send this link to, but the old ywbb was a big help to me. I lost my wife in 2003. I was something like the 1,100th member of ywbb. I noticed it got very large and then it stopped being as helpful and then I guess it changed to a new site or got shut down. This site looks like it has about 1200 members, so I hope it is helpful for those who really need it. I am definitely in the "beyond active grieving" stage, but I still think of my late wife daily and as you all know very well, I'll never 'get over it'. It just exists with me and I try to let it guide me to better decisions and priorities in my life.

I'm grateful for (nearly) every member of the ywbb and it is nice to see it continuing.

Hi, awould,

YWBB shut down almost 2 years ago.  This website was started immediately by some members from that site.  I joined YWBB after my first husband died in 2009.  I always enjoyed the wisdom of those who had been widowed longer than me.  Thanks for stopping in.

Maureen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found this site yesterday!

I was member of YWBB for a few years, and then it closed.

I recognized many old user names on this site, so I registered under my old user name.

On February 22 , turned seven years since I lost my beautiful wife to a traffic accident. Seven years already! I don’t remember much what I did all these years…I am back here… 

As I approach my 8th year, it can still be difficult. I was sad after YWBB shut down as well and recently found this place. So many of you I remember, who helped me along the way. And so many new that I hope at some point can help too.  This is our safe place.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! I am also back after several years. I joined the young widow/widower forum around 2009 when my husband passed away. I'm not sure if I had the same username. It's been almost 8 years since my husband passed. Lately, I've been feeling pretty down. I think it's because it was April when he got diagnosed with cancer (he passed only 2 months later in June). Anyway, I'm glad to be on here again!

I'm just back now, too. This site was a godsend when my husband died six years ago (leukemia).  I'm in a new place emotionally and a difficult place personally, trying to figure out "what next?"  Glad to find this replacement for ywbb. ~ Lynn