Leap of faith.

fuchsiasky

I had a thought come to me in the last days.  Greif is love with no place to go. So I reopened my ok cupid account.  It's not so much the lonely that is getting me.  It's this ache to love.  To share with people. A person. 

I found a man who has a lovely smile.  He had silly pictures with his kids up.  It made me smile for real.  He sparkled at me.  So I messaged him.  Nothing.  Sigh.  But I had this feeling that he hadn't seen the message.  So I might have check Facebook for him and found him.  But that seemed awfully creepy.  So I left it.  But I couldn't stop thinking about the guy.  What if I messaged him.  I couldn't get his smile out of my mind.  So after much deliberation. I sent a message.  As nice and non creepy as possible.  And he replied.  Said it was cute.  We talked for a few hours and it was lovely.  We escalated to Facebook friends so he can now stalk me. Hahaha

But I made a friend.  A good conversation is a great start to something.  I'm glad I was the brave secret admirer who sent the note.  He said it made his night.  I'm still smiling.