things I never had to worry about ..

donswife

Before ...

I never had to worry about a dead battery ,My don would just open the hood and it was fixed

I never had to worry about being home in time to let the dog out

I never had to worry about "what is that noise "(at midnight )

I never had to worry about locking up the house for the night

I never had to worry if the candles were out

I truly never had to worry about anything and just for a brief second I wish I had that back

I will fix the battery , I will be home in time to let my dog out

I will always be worried about that "noise' in the night

But I wish I didn't have to and I am sure he wishes the same

Amen!

The dog kills me.  In the past I would feel bad for him being home alone but now I feel really bad on days like today where I will be gone at work all day, then I have therapy, then I have soccer.  I won't be home for longer than an hour until 10-10:30 tonight and I left home at 6. 

Amen, amen, amen!

Exactly.

Flat tire, buying a replacement tire...being told I need 3 more new tires...

Never had to deal with taking care of these things, or wondering if they are telling me the truth.

Never had to worry about anything. 

Carrying 36 pound bags of dog food, carting hay and horse feed, ...trekking out to the pasture in single digit temps to feed and water our blind horse. Our blind horse that I took in....but that HE took care of...

So many things... I want My Honey

I never had to worry about the cable or Internet, never had to call Comcast. Dan always took care of it.

I never had to worry about talking to any vendors on the phone. Dan handled that.

I never had to make sure the taxes got done. Dan stayed on me to get him his paperwork so that he could them done right away.

I didn't have to take the dogs to the vet, generally Dan stayed on top of that .

WheelersWife, you hit the nail on the head. I know I CAN do this stuff, I just don't WANT to do it.

Before I met my husband, I had lived alone of course, but in apartments. We  shared a home for 14 years. My name is on the mortgage, but HE was the homeowner in terms of getting everything done.

The dog is the worst. My husband worked from home. So now the pup is alone all day. I've now hired a gal I trust to be a dog walker on days I won't get home till 9. That makes me feel better.

I'm lucky. I just had my front doorknob break and I couldn't get in the house. I had friend I know bring his two little girls over to climb through the doggie doors to unlock the front door. Two days later, he was back to replace my doorknob. I'm glad these friends are still around to help me out. They know I am at a loss on how to really take care of the house.

Sigh. Just keep plugging along.

Great post donswife.  I hear you -solidarity.  Like you and WW said, I can take care of these things but it can get overwhelming.  See my post elsewhere about "Leaks".  Since then, winter tires, multiple car issues (including from being rear ended as per that post), blew an electrical fuse which also operates our tankless water heater so without hot water, non-working printer and slower Internet despite paying for upgrade, filed police report on road rager...the list goes on of things I will take care of but all "his" domain.  My upstairs lights keep blinking on and off, and although I would love to believe that it's him, I believe it's the water leaking into the attic and affecting the electrical.  He is missed.  ((donswife)) 

Omg... right??? Yes the 6 year anniversary is coming on fast!!! I have proved I CAN do it!!! However, there are days when it still brings me to tears, because if he were still here I wouldn't have to. I am dating a guy who helps me a lot, but it's not the same... it is still all on me 100% I miss him, and there are days when I am just exhausted, and I melt because if he were still here, ....... well you know