Self reflection through past connections.....

momtokam

Last week I had 2 phone conversations with 2 past relationships.

The first was with my most recent relationship, if you can call it that. It was basically casual. We both had agreed to no expectations. I wanted more mutual effort and involvement. Not a full on relationship per se but more than I was getting. I know he wasn't seeing anyone else but had other things going on. I called him in a weak moment. He was very wistful and remembering our good times. Yet many of the issues I had a problem with were amplified and I realized I deserved more.

The second was with my 1st relationship post widow. That was more serious. We were together about a year. It ended about 2 years ago. He asked to friend me on FB. I texted asking why. We then talked on the phone. All the issues that made me end it were still there. He had not done one thing to improve his life or his daughters lives. It made me very sad actually.  He is a mess.

I am now over 4 years out as a widow. During this time I have grown and changed so much. Yes, I've made mistakes. But these were incredible learning opportunities. I have learned what the new real dating and relationship world is all about.

Many times I have had doubts about if I should have left these relationships.  Was I being too picky? Was I crazy to leave a sure thing for something pie in the sky that may not ever come?

I realized without a doubt I have done the right thing. It's better to be alone than with the wrong person. It took all this time and these 2 calls to make me see this clearly.

Will I find the right person?  I don't know. I hope I do. I'm not a quitter and keep trying, even after all my craziness in dating or trying to date, that I have often posted about.

I am an amazing catch. Someone is bound to catch on sooner or later! In the meantime I'll keep trying to entertain you all with my crazy stories! I couldn't survive without laughter! 😊

I love that you know you are a good catch!.....I feel that way too

.......even yelled that at the last guy I dated when we were breaking up....actually yelled "I am a fucking beautiful person and you're an idiot for not recognizing it".....I'm not sure yelling it really accented the point correctly but it felt good at the time!

Thank you for the kind words everyone :-)

Klim, You made me laugh! I bet it must have felt great to get that out!

Rob, Thank you. I need a smart one, for sure!

Wecouldbeheros, Thank you and I hope to.

I'm going to take a little break from all this, and then come back, and try again! :-D