My niece that had the double lung transpant

BrokenHeart2

You may remember how I requested prayers a year ago for my 22 yr old niece with CF that had a double lung transplant. She was at deaths door when she got the call. It was one yr ago today and I'd like to share with you all her facebook post this morning. BTW, she is doing amazingly well and thriving at life.

For those of you who's spouse donated organs please know that you are thought of and honored for this amazing gift of life given to others at your most tragic time.

Kathleen's thoughts today:

"People are often asked who their hero is. Usually it's a teacher, a family friend, a family member, a world leader.

My hero has a beautiful smile. My hero is smart. My hero has many friends.

My hero has a loving family. Well, at least that is what I like to imagine my hero was like.

To be honest I don't know my hero. I will never know my hero.

My hero is an anonymous stranger. The only thing I know about my hero is that they were giving.

They were generous. They were courageous.

My hero registered as an organ donor. My hero gifted me their lungs.

My hero gave me the gift of life.

Today I celebrate one year post transplant and am living life because of my donor.

Become somebody's hero. Become an organ donor"

Wow, that made me tear up. My late wife donated her lungs to a young woman with CF. I am fortunate to have met this sweet lady and her family. I am even facebook friends with them now. It was a rough decision to donate my wife's organs only because I didn't want to believe she had died. I am so happy to have given this gift of life and actually see the happiness in the eyes of the recipient.

It is great to hear that your niece is doing well! I wish her many happy years to come!

Lewis

• 11 months later...

I thought you would like to know that today is my niece Kathleen's 2nd "Breathday"!!!! She is thriving and doing very well.  She just had the best breathing test in her life.  She is working full time and will be a maid of honor at her friends wedding this summer! She and all of our family are so greatful to her donor and family for having the courage to register as an organ donor.  As we all know only so well, life can turn on a dime and we never know what difference being a donor can make. 

I remember Lewis posted this:

Wow, that made me tear up. My late wife donated her lungs to a young woman with CF. I am fortunate to have met this sweet lady and her family. I am even facebook friends with them now. It was a rough decision to donate my wife's organs only because I didn't want to believe she had died. I am so happy to have given this gift of life and actually see the happiness in the eyes of the recipient.

It is great to hear that your niece is doing well! I wish her many happy years to come!

Lewis

This selfless act saved a life.  I hope and pray you all register in your area.

Blessings and hugs