Prom and Graduation

Virgo

My oldest daughter is graduating high school this year. Hard to believe my baby is graduating. Honors diploma, I'm so proud of her. Of course we all know every milestone is bittersweet. How will I make it through graduation? If my in laws go they will be emotional too. My daughter is graduating from the same high school her father did. I was at his graduation. I suppose I will just be present, as I always am for my girls. Proud, but sad that their dad is missing it.

I made it through prom dress shopping without tearing up. It was a fun day! I've been dragging my feet planning her graduation party. I need to get motivated! We've discussed doing her party a little more informal and nontraditional. We're going to get bounce houses and inflatable water slides. Have a bonfire and Smores.  She's excited!

I have been through 2 senior years with proms, graduation and all the senior hoopla since DH died 3 1/2 years ago.  Very bittersweet and at times harder than I expected and other times easier than I expected.

I love the party ideas!  Keep things fun and celebrate the amazing daughter you and DH raised.

I have been through 2 senior years with proms, graduation and all the senior hoopla since DH died 3 1/2 years ago.  Very bittersweet and at times harder than I expected and other times easier than I expected.

I love the party ideas!  Keep things fun and celebrate the amazing daughter you and DH raised.

Thank you! That's a lot of milestones in 3 years. My middle daughter is a freshman, and my youngest daughter is a 4th grader.

My oldest graduated just 2 months after DH passed...it was bittersweet. proud he finished despite the disruption in his last year but obviously difficult.

His younger brother graduated 2 years later but by then the emotions weren't as raw....but I still did feel my heart pulling.

Good luck ...and your party idea sounds great ..I think I want to have one of those just for fun

• 2 weeks later...

My oldest graduated just 2 months after DH passed...it was bittersweet. proud he finished despite the disruption in his last year but obviously difficult.

His younger brother graduated 2 years later but by then the emotions weren't as raw....but I still did feel my heart pulling.

Good luck ...and your party idea sounds great ..I think I want to have one of those just for fun

I can't imagine going through a milestone like high school graduation in the first few months. All of the firsts were torturous enough.  Thank you! We're starting to plan already.

My middle DD is graduating this year. Her sister didn't get to walk because she was doing summer school because she failed gym. So our 2nd graduation party but the first commencement . We are doing a pool party and BBQ. I have a friend who offered her pool, house and yard for us to use. IShe will even help me with grilling burgers and such. I feel lucky to have great friends. Hard to believe my DD had just started middle school the year LH got sick.

Hoping I can make it without crying but that might be asking to much.