First Mother's Day without him

Mcdc10

First Mother's Day without him and it is not easy.  The Saturday before Mother's Day, the men in my church  cook for the ladies and it was strange today not seeing DH serve his honey barbecue chicken wings. I know  the men wanted me to feel special today because they knew it was hard for me.

I took my sons to the store and gave them money so they could buy me gifts. My seven-year-old always want to pamper me just like his father used to do.

I cried all this morning, angry that I can't have my special angel. It's been eight months and that pain is sometimes as sharp as the beginning months.  For all you mothers who are trying, trying to put the pieces together and mend not only your heart but the hearts of your children, Happy Mother's Day to you. No one knows the pain that you are going through, the sacrifices upon sacrifices that you are making while dealing with the lost of your love one.  Enjoy your much deserved day.

i'm sorry for your pain.

My husband used to rally my kids to plan something nice for mother's day. (My kids are probably close to your age now)

He's been dead for almost 5 years, and tomorrow, one of my kids isn't even going to bother to show up.

I called my older son and asked him what he was doing Sunday, and his response was "why?"

Well, it's mother's day. So at least one of them is coming. But...

Fathers are so important. We all miss him.

It was my first Mother's Day without him too.  I got the most amazing gift from my kids--my daughter created a small booklet, made out of index cards, titled, "13 Reasons Why I Love You Mom."  Each card had a different reason.  My favorite...#8 You function as both mom and dad.

No doubt I'm doing something right!

Hope all had a wonderful day!