Today is 4 yrs

Hello Wids

Today has been 4 yrs since I lost my DH and I am feeling so different than I did last year.  I went back at looked at my post and there was slight "circling" but nothing like I felt last year and for that I am thankful.  Here's a link to a year ago:  http://widda.org/index.php/topic,2273.0.html4

I have become more involved with my community and I believe it has helped me immensely and I've also joined Victoria's Quilts and learning to quilt which I'm getting so much out of.

There is also a singer I saw a few months ago and bought her CD but didn't start listening to until a few days ago.  There is one of the songs that I am sort of relating to which is kind of cool.  Here's a link to the song:

She is a terrific artist and I love her whole CD.

You are all still my pillows on those hard days when I need that soft place to fall and for that I thank all of you!

Hugs

To you Brokenheart2 the awesome quilt maker.  I also am heavy into volunteering and taking classes. I love it. I love meeting new people and learning a new skill. Right now I am taking sewing lessons. The daughter of the seamstress is finally learning how to do it.

I will be thinking of you today Brokenheart2.

Guest TooSoon

Shout out to you from four and a half years!  Life is generally pretty good but still has its bumps and ups and downs.  It no longer has anything to do with my husband specifically but just the reverberations of everything that turned our world upside down.  Sending lots of love. 

This family disconnect is a huge problem, it is in my family as well.  I wonder if they could step in our shoes for just an hour if they would change.

I also don't understand posting on Facebook. Exactly what are they looking for when they do that? 

I wondered if I was losing it, I must have posted right when you deleted your post. 

I don't think you were whiny at all.  This summer I am working with two international students one from India and one from Brazil.  They talk to their parents sometimes twice a day for at least an hour at a time.  I seldom talk to my brother and sister and might talk to my father once a month for two minutes.  There is something wrong with this.  For some reason, my brother and sister and I can't remember each other's birthdays. Why are we so disconnected? 

Now let's look at Facebook. Why did your sister post that picture?  She did it for sympathy?  Why are we posting on Facebook for this?  We are all looking for love and acceptance, but why the hell are we so afraid to do it? 

Facebook is now my huge experiment.  My all the likes I get you would think I am very popular but the truth is I still have only a handful of close friends.  There is my whine for the day.  :o

Thanks NT no you aren't losing it lol.  I have 5 siblings.  I believe I'm the only one that knows all of their birthdays.  I was always the one to connect and over the past 4 yrs I have been doing much less of that.  I'm tired of always being the one.  I don't post much on fb either.  I did not post anything yesterday about DH and neither did my 2 stepkids. I don't know why she did it, well I do think it was for attention.  I guess the only pic she could find was one with my brother, yeah right. I'm really hating fb these days.  Way to phony for me. I'm only on now because of the community stuff I'm involved in and oh yeah, I'm a bit of a political junkie :)

All this stupidity too shall pass. 

Yes, me too! I did go to the funeral with her and when she brought it up I told her I didn't want to talk about it.  What's the point, there is no point because she doesn't understand and won't listen anyway.  I will not bring up my DH with either sisters again.  That's the crazy part, I hadn't in so long and the one time I do, that's what happened so I'm not willing to go there any more.  Our relationships were forever changed when they weren't there for me for so long so it is what it is.