What a Year

Widow4eva

I've been widowed 8 years now.  I was in a pretty good place balancing my past and present. I'm in a committed longterm relationship now. I have no doubts.

Over the past year I  discovered I had cancer and went through treatment. I have a very good prognosis  but I'm in the game now. Saw my original oncologist today and she said it looks amazing and the pet scan "should be inflammation ". But the highest chance of recurrence is in these next 2 years. Maybe some surgery or laser. Maybe a chemo that wouldn't be "so bad" esp with out radiation this time.  Its freaking depressing. So many people are tremendously affected.

I am trying to stay positive but this was the worst thing I ever endured. And that includes widowhood. .

And I'm pissed I didn't feel his presence at all through treatment or when I almost died in the hospital.

I'll always love and honor him but this is some bullshit.

Thanks for letting me vent. That's all I need night now.

I'm really used to be widowed now most days. This  has been a huge wrench. I don't really like talking about the cancer

It's funny because I couldn't talk enough about being widowed.

Hello and welcome.

I was widowed almost 8 years ago and today would have been my 25th anniversary. I remarried 6 years ago and lost my second husband 3 1/2 years ago. I was then diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer.

Sadly, I get the struggle. It can be hard to stay positive, but I try. Today has been exhausting.

I'm glad you found us. You are not the only one, but I get how this can be very lonely. The one we want with us through our trials just isn't here.

Hugs,

Maureen