Thank you.

Leadfeather

Hi Leadfeather, we joined this forum around the same time.  I'm happy to hear life has started a new great chapter for you.  I got engaged about a month ago.  I found this place to be huge help and place of safety and advice as well.  Cheers to newfound love and lives.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Leadfeather, I feel the same way.  It will 5 years for me on Dec 29.  It still hits hard some days.  But I too am re-coupled (not officially married but we bought the house and joined our doggy families :)).  My 47 year old cousin recently lost her husband who she had been with since they were teens.  I pointed her to this site as it was so helpful to me.  I still pop by now and then.  I don’t think I will ever not be connected to the widow part of me.  The experience is so much a part of who I am now. I am immensely thankful that my new partner seems to completely get it and supports me on my sad days.  Never asks me to be or feel anything other than what I am.  Who ever thought in those deep dark days of despair that there could be light again...?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...