OT: Name that doohickey

Guest Questions

Guest Questions

I thought it might be fun to enlist the help of my fellow wids to solve a mystery.

Has anyone ever packed up for a move, etc. & come across something that you have absolutely no idea what it is but you hang onto it anyway hoping you'll find a need for it later on?

I have just such an object & I've been hanging onto it for years but still haven't an inkling what it is.

No idea of it's origin but am hesitant to discard it because what if it's something important? lol

It's black plastic, about 6 inches across & held together with 3 screws, has 12 cylindrical spikes on it with an eyelet on each end.

Kudos to anyone who can name this mystery object.

I'm totally stumped!

If noone can tell me what it is I'm going to make a mobile out of it.. lol

This might be a fun game if we can keep it going... Post your unknown doohickey & everyone else can take a turn at guessing what it is.. ???

((hugs))

DSC04060.JPG.06f1f0b141840cc497cea6f7c74c89ae.JPG

My guess is for hairdryer diffuser attachment?

I also have a random doohickey that says Canon on it but I cannot figure out how it relates to a camera at all.  I would have to find it to post a pic so for now perhaps it's better that it stays wherever it is.

Guest Questions

Kealoha,

That's exactly what it is!

I just attached it to the blow dryer & fits like a glove..

I feel stupid for not knowing but I air-dry & never use a blow dryer usually..

Thanks for solving the mystery :)

(((hugs)))

I don't have any doohickeys to post right now, but I was "cleaning" out my Yahoo email folders today, and deleted a whole string of emails from someone that I have no idea who it is.  My guess is it is someone from the short time I was trying out online dating... Obviously wasn't someone worth remembering, but I saved them at the time.  Sheesh!!

Amazing that my widow brain could remember this, but I barely remember what I ate for breakfast (or if I ate...).  ::)

@Questions,  Glad I could be of some small help!  the funny thing is I'm completely an air dry girl too-- and have stick straight hair so on the very few occasions when I do use the hairdryer, no need for the diffuser.  But I end up keeping it anyway just because it "goes" with the dryer. 

@widowat33, thank you!  I will have to find it this weekend and post. 

Good luck all with the spring cleaning, should turn up some interesting finds.

Too Funny!

Yep a long time ago I managed a Sally Beauty Supply and we sold like 12+ different sizes of those!

I moved last year, I have so many things I have no idea what they are. Many don't count since they were in the garage. The keys he kept fascinated me! How does he have so so many keys, there has got to be over 100! They aren't all from cars either. I started gathering them in a box in my new garage. I decided when I have time I am going to make a wind chime/ mobile type thing or some sort of artsy crafty thing. Go figure, huh!

The keys he kept fascinated me! How does he have so so many keys, there has got to be over 100! They aren't all from cars either. I started gathering them in a box in my new garage. I decided when I have time I am going to make a wind chime/ mobile type thing or some sort of artsy crafty thing. Go figure, huh!

Ha, Sandi, funny you mention keys.  I gathered up all the keys I came across and put them in a small box....there are dozens of them.  I have no idea what they go to or why he kept them, but I've been afraid to toss them because I fantasize about coming across some locked treasure box just full of cash, gold and jewels, LOL.