Hershey, PA - Sunday, May 17

Michael797

Now that winter is behind us and travel is more friendly, SoVerySad and I are proposing another shot at the Hershey venue that she so brilliantly found but never actually got to see. It's roughly a month away, hopefully enough time to get your ducks in a row. I'll post a link to the place as soon as I can find it again.

So sorry you can't make it, MM. You will be missed a lot.

I think we're up to 4 now (assuming SVS will confirm soon). I'll probably be bringing BlueMoon15 along. Just a reminder that this is a lovely little venue, and we're pretty much guaranteed to have plenty of space for whatever we wish. The food was great as well.

Like LisaPop says, bagos are the one thing you didn't know you need until you go to one (or something). Hope to see as many there as can make it.

Guest TooSoon

I can't commit absolutely right now because Miss M's constantly evolving social calendar may change so we are a maybe and I'll check in closer to the date.  I'd love to catch up!

MM. I'm sorry you can't make it. One of these days we'll get to meet in person, hopefully.

MissingMyJon, I hope you will be able to join us.

To anyone who might be lurking and within driving distance, you really are welcome to attend. I remember feeling nervous about attending my first bago, but I'm so glad I did. It is hard to describe the kinship I immediately felt, but it has been powerful and enjoyable for me.

KeepTrying,

Have you ever taken the kids to Chocolate World at Hershey? It is free and open the day we'll be getting together. It has a ride thru a simulated chocolate factory they might enjoy. In addition, there is also a 3 or maybe 4-D movie (that is not free) as I recall. We saw it a couple of times when my kids were younger. The amusement park itself is also open that day.

I realize it may be too long a drive to Hershey with your kids and being pregnant, but it would be nice to meet you in person.

K-REBat, it would be nice to meet you as well.

Imissdow, it will be nice to see you and the girls again. I actually put myself first for once with this bago. While my life is generally always about my kids, I really want to get together with everyone. So, Michael and I set the date. The other day my daughter asked about going to an event in Gettysburg that day. I told her we couldn't, because I had something else planned. She looked a little surprised - probably that I actually have plans of my own. Or perhaps that I told her no. She was very good about it, though.

TS, I hope we can see you there.

lmsmdm, it will be so nice to see you again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

Hi PA pals,  I'm afraid there's just too much going on right now and we leave for England a few days later and I anticipate being in a panic.  Hate to miss it but know I will see you all in a few short weeks.  Enjoy!

Oh, MS, does the idea of chocolate make it worth the drive? The kids & I will take you to tour Chocolate World after lunch if you've never been there. I went to a NJ bago two weeks ago which seemed crazy, but was really worth the trip.

We'd love to have you, but I also understand the distance is an issue.

Dear folks, I regret to inform that, due to SVS having yet another reason to be sad (her bil passed away), she will be unable to attend the Hershey bago tomorrow. With that in mind, we're postponing until a better time. On the plus side, we can get caught up at the June bago at TooSoon's. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience, hoping to see everyone next month. Feel free, however, to send condolences to SVS, who could no doubt use some at this time.