Are they just dreams, or visits ?

Guest look2thesky

Guest look2thesky

Just had one of my Wife. It's been 5 1/2 years since Her passing.

I haven't had a dream of Her in over two years, but this one was nice.

We were apparently on a first date, I believe.

And my Daughter seems to think it was a visit.

Strange part was that it was St Pats day ( my Daughter was born on that day ), and my Wife had some St Pats shirt or decorations, on. The dreams I had years ago, had me waking sad, and shaken.

This one has left me with a feeling of happiness, and peace.

Maybe because I am pretty far out, in the grief mode ?

Just weird.

I have read a lot about dreams ever the past 8 years.

For the most part....I think they are just dreams...memories buried in our subconscious that may present themselves randomly and can be triggered by good or bad moments.

I dream almost nightly...about anything (Lucid and I remember them) I have only had 3 visitation dreams in my life.

1999- My Grandma-telling me where to find an old wedding quilt she made and stories about her dead brother who died in WWI

2001- My great Grandna-Giving me messages to go take care of my great aunt

2012-DH telling me I was going to die in a few days if I didn't get clean....that it was in the book....he said I was getting a gift...of him coming to me and that the kids couldn't wv left as orphans This was part of his redemption.

And I dreamed about DH a lot in early years....but none were visitation dreams.

From my understanding true visitation dreams have an important message that want you to know.

No clue I'd it's correct or not......just what I have learned.

I don't dream often about my husband, but I do believe one of those dreams was a visitation. It was very different than any other dream - much more vivid. I was sleeping on the sofa (which is where I was actually sleeping at the time). I felt him lean over me and lightly kiss my cheek. It woke me. He turned away as if he was leaving. I grabbed his hand and asked him not to go. He never spoke a word, but looked back at me as if to say he had to go and I probably shouldn't have seen him. He turned away again. Then he turned back and smiled at me like he couldn't just leave. He laid down on the sofa with me and cradled me in his arms. It was comforting as he looked so healthy - like he had 15 years or so earlier. I did feel very happy for a little while after that dream. All other dreams of him have seemed to be just regular dreams, although I have wondered if he is trying to offer me guidance in a few of them..

I don't know, but I feel, that the dreams I have had so far of A have been more than just dreams. I have never much dreamt of him when he was alive (I never have of any of the men I have loved before). In the dreams I have had during this last year and a bit, he was always very kind and loving and warm and it felt good. It has not always been that way in real life. I feel like he is trying to help me get through. But I haven't dreamt in a while and I miss it, even if it usually makes me feel even sadder the next day.... but somehow it is something of him, not the perpetual nothing....

Guest look2thesky

I know exactly how you might feel.

I have had dreams. This was different.

It was almost like I had met Her for the very first time.

The sounds, smells, and environment was totally as if it were in real time.

I had 4 years ago, in my pre sleep mode felt Her presence, saw Her shadow, and felt(and heard) a kiss on my forehead.

I hadn't had a sign since, I think it was honestly Her way of saying She had to go.

It wasn't a dream. I would swear on a stack of Bibles it was real.

I had a visit without a doubt. In the early depth of my despair I felt him this one time. Laid down and held me this one time. I felt the comfort and prayed it would happen again but hasn't since. It was wonderful and overwhelming. I wouldn't tell anyone else except here because you get it.

They probably are dreams but I prefer to think of them as visits.  I want to believe that he is still here in some sense-even if it is only when I close my eyes.

Haven't had a visit in some time.  When I do, I wake up with a smile on my face and the feeling that everything is going to be just fine.

Pat

Dreams - I've had lots over 3 years. And they changed over time. Much more comforting.  I think it's just my brain working stuff out.

Visitation - I think I've only had one. The morning after. His hand on my shoulder waking me up and a very real voice in my ear.

Intercession- All the time.

• 2 months later...

I used to dream about my DH a few times a week after he died. So much so that I typed them up in a journal because they were so vivid. Not all of the dreams had a message; most of the time we were just hanging out together while he didn't really say much (kind of like old times). He looked so healthy and more gorgeous than ever in all of my dreams.

The last meaningful dream I had about him was at about the 6 month mark. I was lonely, devastated, and about to lose my mind. I was hanging onto every memory, every item, every dream of him just to force myself to get through each day. I broke down each day and kept asking him (his picture) what am I supposed to do without you?  I feel he came to me in this particular dream....

I dreamed that he and I were inside this large round hallway with red carpeting - which also happened to be a stairwell inside some place.  Every now and then you would reach a plateau that brought you outside to other people and what looked almost like shops or places to go inside and do things.  This dream was nice because this time he and I were actually talking a lot and were joking around with each other very playfully - lots of laughter. We kept ascending the stairs inside, when suddenly he stopped.  He turned around to look at me and started to let go of my hand while proceeding up the steps.  For some reason, I did not proceed with him. It was almost as if I was not supposed to.  Was this him telling me it was time for me to let go?  That he had to continue on to the next phase or afterlife?

About a few weeks after that dream is when I started hanging out with my current New Guy, who happened to reach out to me to see if I was doing ok. Needless to say, I obviously haven't let go of DH (and probably never will).  But I have moved on to new love. 

I could hear her calling my name in the middle of the night like she did when she was sick shortly after she died, but honestly, I was such a mess that I am not sure what it was. I don't think she has visited me lately, but I do think she "talks" to me. I notice things in my day to day life that are slightly odd but very repetitive to the point that I take notice and try to understand the underlying meaning. Eventually, I can string these things together to form meaning and it is eerie because, the meaning makes sense and it is formed in a way that she and I would understand.  I used to be fairly oblivious, but know I look for meaning in everything I witness and experience.

Guest sunshinedaydreamz

I think there is way more than one may think regarding these "signs".

At first I thought they were random dreams. Now I'm rather convinced they happen for reasons no one really can explain.

I think I have had some of both.  In my case, I generally differentiate it by if it?s a memory or something new.  Usually if it?s a visit, he shows up looking healthy and restored to tell me something to help me on this road. 

I can remember though , shortly before the 1st anniversary being very much awake in the ER with my son trying to get him to take a breathing treatment.  He was just 13 months old so he was fighting me.  I had a ?Why aren?t you here to help me?? moment.  When I looked up I saw dh in the corner praying.  He was wearing all white.  At that same moment, my son calmed and took the treatment.