Out of Curiosity

lcoxwell

As many of you are trying to save posts, or threads, from the old YWBB site, in order to keep from losing some of your personal histories, I was wondering, are there particular threads or posts that truly meant something to you, that you wish were either started or shared here on the new site?  I know a few topics have migrated over.  I was just wondering if there is something else you would really like to see here.

I'm of a mixed mind. I have 116 pages of posts over there, and I thought about saving some, but it seems logistically and emotionally daunting.

It seems that way for me, too. I did export all PM's to my email, but I am just not up to trying to archive all of my own posts.

Ironically, I have now learned to let go more easily of "things" in the wake of Marsha's death. I feel the same about my posts on a personal level. I just hate to lose the collective community knowledge of YWBB.

I am with you, @MrsDan.  I wasn't home this weekend, so I did not have access to my computer, only the iPad.  While a part of me would like to preserve the history and to go back and read some of my earlier posts, just to see how far I have come in almost a year, if nothing else, another part of me is completely overwhelmed with the prospect of having to go through 933 posts to decide what to keep and what to discard.  To make matters worse, I am hitting the one year anniversary and am in the middle of my busiest time of the school year for holding IEP meetings; and, quite honestly, I simply do not have time to devote to having to copy or cut and paste.  Plus, I have been sick for three days and just don't have the energy.  *sigh

Radio Hell / Transmissions from Hell.

It is the reason I'm here honestly, minus the obvious.

The boss didn't get his activation email last night, and today is bad, work-wise. He says he'll try to have the NEW new office open by the end of the week. ;) Meanwhile, if you tune your radio just right, you can hear "Hey Jude" on endless repeat...

As far as YWBB posts... I've managed to save some. It got very difficult, to be honest-- I copied and pasted and sat and sobbed. I don't want to be in that place anymore-- the deepest, darkest part of hell. It makes me cringe to think of all that history gone, but I'm like Justin-- I find it easier to let go of things now. I think I've saved all I mean to.

Guest littlebirdie

I'm of a mixed mind. I have 116 pages of posts over there, and I thought about saving some, but it seems logistically and emotionally daunting.

Same. I think I'm just going to let it all go.

I personally have no desire to bring anything over here either of my own or my favorites as there are too many.  I think it is fantastic if people restart threads they want to see continue.  I hope the true classics will make it.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything about horrified and her bubba?  It feels like it has been ages.

Radio Hell / Transmissions from Hell.

It is the reason I'm here honestly, minus the obvious.

The boss didn't get his activation email last night, and today is bad, work-wise. He says he'll try to have the NEW new office open by the end of the week. ;) Meanwhile, if you tune your radio just right, you can hear "Hey Jude" on endless repeat...

I'll make sure to have my headphones in until then, just in case he slips in and starts without us