My 40th is fast approaching

PhotoJunkie

and I tried really hard to ignore it till I got a text from my mom asking me what I wanted for my birthday.  (no i won't be telling anyone when it is)  The man and I had big plans for my 40th.  His would have been just a few months after mine.  I had been looking forward to this birthday for a very very long time and now....not so much.

I kinda want to do something but what?  I just happen to have enough points for a plane ticket almost anywhere in the lower 48, I have a few free hotel nights racked up, I also happen to have enough Disney Points for 2 or 3 day park hopper in CA with points left over to shop.  But going to Disney alone isn't any fun.  I asked a few friends and family if they could go but they can't. 

So now Im sitting here trying to figure out what I want to do.  The girl is in school and can't miss any days right now.  The boy isn't returning my text messages.  Im thinking I want to get away for the weekend rather than sitting at home in this empty house feeling sorry for myself.  At least I can feel sorry for myself in a hotel room with a hot tub :P 

I already did my dream trip to DC and a weekend isn't worth going there for.  Anything big and exciting going on in your neck of the woods that might be fun???  Like a rare Jon Bon Jovi appearance/concert?? 

Guest sphoc

Also, Jimmy Buffett is playing here on June 2. We could do a tailgate party and dress up in Hawaiian shirts and be crazy Parrotheads.

Jeepers, Photojunkie , you are a spring chicken!!! The suggestions from our fellow widows here sound like a lot of fun and you should have just that!! 40 - so what?? The thing is, on day 1 of your 41. year, the heaven is not going to fall on your head ...

Hopefully you can plan something exciting, you deserve it!!