He did it!

Sugarbell

My oldest "graduates" from 6th grade in 2 weeks. Here it's a big deal-we don't have a middle school....7th grade they go right to the high school. He started public school PreK 3 weeks before DH died . At PreK orientation with pics... It was just me. DH was too far gone at that point.

All the Open houses, parent teacher conferences, programs...it's just been me with him. He's had a good year.... Was the only. 6 the grader to make "middle school" baseball team...made middle school golf team as a 6th grader...is well respected by his teachers/friends. His class is tough....lots of Stepford parents pushing their boys (and they all have boys) to the top.

He rose above it. Tomorrow is the 6th grade academic banquet for kids maintaining a 4.0.

Next week he registers for classes at high school. His gifted teacher is making sure he's on the advanced academic track and so far I know he's taking Algebra and French next year.

It seems like yesterday he was starting PreK. 3 weeks into the school year his Dad killed himself. I know the next 6 years are going to be full of challenges. I know and am prepared that with the teen years things could get bumpy.

But for today....I can breath and reflect on his accomplishments. And relish in it. He did it. I did it. We did it.

It's another milestone for us.