E's 41st Birthday.. Suggestions

A year ago E turned 40 in Ballyvaughn Ireland.  Tomorrow would be is 41st and I want to do something. 

I am having a hard time figuring out what to do.  I was going to get a memorial tattoo but the artist tried to tweak the design and couldn't figure it out. 

I would love to go fishing (something he loved) but I don't have anyone to put the worm on the hook (he used to do it for me,  I have a weird fear of worms)

E also probably would have spent the day at home relaxing, playing PS4 and vegging out.  I DO NOT want to do this as I have been doing WAY TOO MUCH of this lately.

Any suggestions??

I haven't gotten to Dons birthday time yet , tough time i can imagine but like you want to celebrate them

but I do plan on making his favorite food and making spice cake with peanut butter frosting

I would have family over

you could still go fishing , you could buy power bait ,if you don't consider that cheating (don had strong opinions about that :)

whatever you do I am sure it will be the right thing

take care

Sandy, maybe if you don't actually fish, you could still go to his favorite fishing spot and spend some time there in his honor? I don't blame you about the worms - shudder! Perhaps a different bait as donswife suggested? I'm sorry he can't be here for you to celebrate the day together. Our children and I usually take one of my husband's favorite desserts and spend time with his parents on his birthday. I figure they understand how important the day still is to us.

Sending you tight hugs...

So my plan for the day is as follows.  This morning I am watching SuperTroopers.  This is/was one of E's favorite movies.  If you have never seen it you NEED to.

This afternoon I will be getting my nose pierced even though E would have hated it.  I have wanted to do this for a while and never did.  I am hoping while I am there I can get a small black 4 leaf clover tattoo with E's signature.  Lunch I will be eating McDonalds Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal.

Dinner will be spent with his family cooking out and having peanut butter pie for dessert. 

I would love to go fishing (something he loved) but I don't have anyone to put the worm on the hook (he used to do it for me,  I have a weird fear of worms)

It is rather cute that you're afraid of the worms, but - are you really going to let that stop you from enjoying your memories of him?

Would it be easier if you wore latex gloves while handling the worms?

Just think of how proud he would be if you went fishing in spite of how you feel about the worms.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

So, this is how my day actually went...... 

Sushi for lunch one of our favorites and where we last went for sushi for our anniversary. 

Went to get nose pierced but then realized it proably was NOT a good day for it as I had been crying off and on all day.  Snot does NOT promote healing.  I did end up with a new tattoo.  4 leaf clover with his signature on my right forearm.  I know this is probably not the best placement on myself for a tattoo however, this is where E's black 4 leaf clover was located and it just seemed right.

Met my SIL at the Dr office to see how my niece was coming along.  My SIL is due on June 13, 2015 and I was convinced over the weekend she was going to have the baby on Wed.  No luck......

Dinner at my MIL house with the whole Fam Damily.....  It was emotional, sad and happy at the same time.  I came to find out my BIL went fishing that morning.

I miss E with all of my heart every minute of every day.  Happy Birthday my love!!

Sorry to hear that BIL went fishing and could have taken you and baited the hooks.  Would have been a great way to spend the day.

But sounds like you made the most of it.  Awesome that you went for the tattoo.  And you got through everything in one piece - well done!

And doesn't sushi make even the worst day just that little bit more bearable?