Is it PTSD?

HvnBound

Hey all, I am finally able to tell the truth about my marriage to my DH, for the past 3 years I went from putting him on a pedestal then slowly letting him down from that pedestal. This weekend I came to the realization that I might have PTSD. Why you ask? Well, during our almost 21 years of marriage, my DH would scream at me because my ADD Inattentive type would act up while not medicated and it would drive him nuts.....to the point of yelling at me and telling me I was dumb, or stupid, or what the H*ll is wrong with your brain?

This past weekend I got stressed out a few times because my guy has some anxiety issues and when his level of anxiety acts up, it makes my anxiety zoom up to I guess the classic fight or flight response. My heart races and I almost cry. My ADD seems to get worse the longer I live alone, I find myself muttering what needs to be done next, which when a normal person like my guy hears it, it is a bit unsettling and it makes him nervous.

I get flashbacks to when DH would scream at me and all of the memories of have vacations ruined because of DH's outbursts.

Do you guys and gals think I might have it? If so, any way to get rid of it without therapy? Just need some input.  Thank you in advance.

It could be...I wouldn't rule it out. Or brain overload possibly.

I had PTSD for several years...But mine was always there...cars, traffic, bright light, loud noises. Constant feeling of anxiety and being overwhelmed.

I have to have quiet time-I just do..even 10 minutes sitting under a tree keeps me "even". maybe read about different techniques you can do at home to help you (I have ADD too-since college and  not medicated so I also have to do certain things to help me stay on top of things) -

(((Hugs)))

HB,

Hugs to you...for confronting your challenges with your marriage and ADD.  I'm certainly no expert on this, but as you probably know, I have had my share of anxiety since John died.  Personally, I've used some medication (can't take others due to side effects) and I have a counselor with experience in grief.  I also have my dog...the best therapist I've ever had!  I have a feeling that some type of therapy might be necessary.  Maybe some others will have other ideas for you.  I think you've got the first step identified, though...you recognize that there is an underlying problem.

Maureen