Penultimate day of middle school, and a novel drink idea

RobFTC

So I am sitting here with something that reminds me of a mimosa.  To make it:

1oz tequila (and please not Jose Cuervo, ever, the cheapest 100% pure agave you can get is better)

0.5oz orange liqueur (and please not the cheap warehouse club stuff like I bought last time)

3oz fermented orange juice (in this application, the bubbles make it easier to not be sad you let the ^!%$&^ juice ferment again)

It does remind me slightly of a mimosa, must be the bubbles.

Oh, and my girls had their "promotion" ceremony tonight, out of 8th grade and their middle school.  They have a half-day of party-and-yearbook-signing tomorrow and they are done for the school year.  It's hard to believe.  It's also hard to believe that I have got then through five (5!) years of school alone (since Michelle became unable to do much for them at the start of their 4th grade year).  High school, baby!

Take care.

Rob T

Congrats to your daughters on moving on to high school, and congrats to you on being the supportive dad who got them there!

That drink sounds yummy..

On a side note, the counsellor I saw once (not a good experience) told another lady, whose husband has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, that to help her sleep and relax at night she should start drinking..her response as told to me by a friend "I'm already drinking at night obviously that's not working" lol. Maybe I should try though as it seems sleep eludes me most nights. And maybe this counsellor shouldn't be a counsellor?! Haha.

Congrats to your daughters and you! 

Cheers on your tequilamosa!  I have never had fermented orange juice - I am still trying to figure out how one ferments orange juice.  Wouldn't it become some sort of alcoholic beverage once it's fermented?

Yes Gabzmom, it ferments and fizzes.  If it tasted better, it'd be cool :-)  I had thawed a tin of frozen OJ concentrate and left it in the fridge for too long thinking "I should mix that up soon".  At least 1) it was in the fridge and 2) didn't actually explode on me (that's happened!).

Take care,

Rob T