Some Thoughts At 14+ Months

Mac

I'm almost at 33 months. Here's something that I wrote at 14+ months.

t?s been a little over 14 months since Cindy passed. As some of you know, we were married for 27-1/2 years and best of friends for 37 years. We had a wonderful marriage. We raised two great kids together. And had a very rich family life on so many levels.

Most times now when I think of Cindy or look at photos or videos our life together, I smile. I have so much gratitude for having been blessed to have such an incredible woman in my life for so long. A true partner, lover and friend.

Most days now are going well. A few things I am grateful for:

I am grateful for Cindy?s love.

I am grateful for my two wonderful children.

I am grateful for the fact that my children realize what a social person I am. I am grateful that they are open to and encourage me to have a significant woman in my life again.

I am grateful for the lessons and realizations that life is teaching me. I hope that I am understanding things to my best ability.

I am grateful for the kindness of the people that have been there for me on this journey. I appreciate what they have done to help me with this ?journey.? Most of all, listening and letting me share.

I am grateful for some of the new friends in my life. I hope that these are permanent friendships.

I am grateful for the love that I feel. The love from others. The love that I have for others. And for the love of my life that was always there for me, will always be with me. That showered me with so many permanent and lasting gifts.

It will be 2 years on the 24th of this month that I've been without my husband for 2 long years.  I've had so many changes in my life since my husband died.  Our youngest got married to a great young man that went to West Point and now they live in Ft. Lee, Virginia.  My oldest and my only grandbaby just moved to Phoenix, where her husband got a teaching job at ASU.  Our middle daughter is still in town with me, but she moved out about  6 months ago with her fiance and they are getting married this September.  I went from a happy family of 5 to just one now.

Beautifully written, Mac. 

Cindy was just as grateful to have you, and from your words, you have both raised wonderful children!

Thank you so much for your kind words SimiRed. Cindy has left me with a wonderful foundation built of gratitude and wonderful memories. It does make this "new life" so much easier.

• 2 months later...