Irritated

I thought you were a Canadian until I checked your profile. Coming to a place in the States near you. It's been happening here in Ontario Canada for a couple of yrs and so ridiculous. F off insurance companies and govt trying to reduce rural mail delivery. The way of the world but changes are weird when we don't have them to talk with no matter how small it may seem. Days before DH died he said out of the blue "change is the only constant in life". It took me aback because he knew I had a hard time with major change, I think he was trying in his own loving way to ease it for me.  I have repeated that in my head so many times and he was right.

Yes, in Ontario there are specifications as to the height and placement of mailboxes..my dad is actually a mail carrier and delivers my mail,lol. Since he installed my new post and mailbox I shouldn't ever get a notice :)

I know it seems trivial, but I have been his replacement a few times and it's not always easy to reach into the mailboxes if they are too high/low.

But yeah I get the frustration too... These little things that are just annoying and definitely not on the to do list that keeps getting longer and longer.

Virgo we received a notice that had a drawing of proper placement of mailbox in relation to the road, blah, blah. The mailbox had settled through the years, I get that, then they threatened to stop delivery of mail. DW stewed about it so I set a new post to put an end to the USPS BS.

this is so funny and not so funny

the day after my dons funeral I got a notice that cars were blocking the mailbox so no mail for you

I get that no problem , then a few days later an official drawing of proper placement of mailbox (it was a tiny bit sideways)

so no mail for me again ...so it was on!!!

i had stopped by the post office early to get my mail the first time and explained my situation(from a very small town)

then my cute neighbors kids had written me a wonderful card , crayons and all and put it in my mailbox

my mail carrier took it and left me a notice saying I had to pick something up at the post office

it was the cute letter but it didn't have a stamp so i had to pay for it before I could get it

can you believe that !

it is all kinda funny now but really this stuff sent me over the edge at the time , kicker is she often talked to mu husband when he was out doing yard work

Just an added stress you didn't need donswife. Basically how I feel.

I temporarily stabilized my mailbox yesterday.  I think I'm going to purchase a new one and relocate it. It needs to be moved back from the road a bit. Then I figured I might as well landscape around it a bit too.