Campaigning

Ok  long shot, does anyone have any experience with campaigning to get a law put in place or a law mandated? I understand this might be a bit tricky as we are from different countries... Currently a new rule has been put in place under my partner's name at his place of work (he died in a highly preventable workplace accident) however I would like to see this enforced across the country. I am assuming this case will probably also end up as a Coronial Inquest where changes may be put in place, however I want to ensure some change happens before this (Inquests occur up to 4 to 5 years after the incident)

Any ideas?

In the US we have OSHA that is very effective at getting laws and regulations on the books to improve worker safety. I'm sure there is a similar agency down your way. It would be wonderful to have something positive as a result of your heart breaking loss, good luck.

Yes we also have oc health and safety laws, I'm pretty sure it's regulated by WorkSafe here... But speaking to my local politician is my first step and I too hope that something positive comes from this. They have already named a rule they are implementing at his company after him which makes me proud. Will hopefully update when I get some news!!

Thanks deedee :) and I'm so sorry that your partner went to work and never returned home as well. It shouldn't happen in today's world!! I'm actually from Australia.. I had a meeting with the MP and he's very happy to help. He's going to write a letter on my behalf to the coroner with the suggestion of the rule to be made law under my partner's name... Now to get people talking about it I guess.. Unfortunately it's a long process. Years worth. So we will see how we go.