The Countdown = What A Crazy Ass Life

Mac

In three more days it will have been 3 years. So much reflection going on. In this final week countdown I've been remembering what was going on each day at the hospital. These past 30 or so days have been filled with some very eventful things for me. It is somewhat surprising to have so very many majorly significant things happening in my life just before the 3 year anniversary. It certainly serves to emphasize what a crazy ass life this is.

Although I promised myself I was going to stop counting, my heart wont let me get away with it. It will be in a couple of weeks. Like you Mac, I am grateful for so much. Counting down to 3 years just amplifies how much in my life is better for having lived most of it with my husband. I can not have a new experience without thinking of how much he would have encouraged me. Most days, I can remember with joy, others, not so much and I have to admit the tears are looming lately. But I try to smile through them and truly appreciate how blessed I have been and continue to be.

I still love my crazy-ass life, and wonder what will happen next. Part of me is excited in the unknown. There is still so much to do, to experience. And if I have learned nothing else, I learned from Craig that the only true regret I will ever have is for the things I haven't done.

I promise myself every year that I won't anticipate the anniversary.  My body seems to know and betray me anyhow.  This past week it was the 29th anniversary of my fathers passing.  Now I found myself in a reflective state last week and began having night terrors.  I couldn't put my finger on it until I looked at the date on Sunday.  So, I don't know if I will ever be able to totally forget.  (((Hugs)))

So here it is = 3 years. For the past week, I've been remembering what was going on each day in the hospital 3 years ago. I've been going through the photos and videos the last couple of days. Reading some of her text messages and her writings. I will toast Cindy tonight and will do other things in her memory and to honor her.

My daughter is in Italy right now. She is on a trip with Cindy's big sister and her cousin. She spent the last 5 days with the Italian relatives. Cindy's Nona came from just north of Genoa. Cindy & I stayed there during our three month long around the world honeymoon. So special for her to be there on this 3rd anniversary.

Grateful for the time spent with others today and grateful for the reflective time spent alone.

Mac: your consistent ability to channel your love, admiration and memories of your cherished wife toward gratitude for a beautiful partnership is truly an inspiration to me. I am trying to learn to do the same-- not yet as successfully, but much closer than before. Hugs to you.

Shawn

I agree with Shawn823.  I am inspired and have learned to appreciate the time Rob had with both me and our daughter.  He was such an influence in how view the world.  There is no other like him.  Thank you and blessings to you.