A wise man once said

I was out to dinner on February 26th last year with my friend/mentor a very wise, vibrant, active 80 year old man, who because of his vitality appeared 15 years younger to the world and ageless to me.

I said to him "S.... if you had told me 5 and 1/2 years ago that we'd be sitting here and I would feel happiness I would have told you to go to hell." 

His reply was "Honey, in all the years I have been on the earth and the older I get I know this...people die and life goes on."

On March 3rd that same year he suffered a massive heart attack and died instantly while coming down the stairs in his home on his way to work.

In some way those words have given me a permission so to speak to live my life in spite of and because of the losses I have had.  I miss his wisdom and advice.  What a gift that last nugget was to help carry me through my grief.

Sometimes the simplest of statements make the most impact.

One of the things I love about you is that you LISTEN.  You feel the emotion behind the words people are saying and you give them substance.  That is a very rare and beautiful quality for a person to have.

Bless this man for his words of wisdom and helping you be less burdened.