June 22 is a significant day for me

June 22, 1992 my husband and I went on our first date. I was 16, he was 17. He was so awkwardly nervous it was sweet.

To preoccupy my thoughts I did something today that he would normally have done (and enjoyed.) I detailed the interior of my Jeep. Phil was a car guy. He kept our cars immaculate, his squad car too. He was the type to even polish the tires. The condition of our interior probably would have made him physically sick.

I got into his tote of car cleaners and chose a few items. I took a few pictures of how he had everything organized first. I kept the Jeep in the garage because it was forecasted to rain. Although it never rained. It was a beautiful day!  Then I turned on the radio and got started. About four hours later, the interior is spotless and smells amazing! The whole time I was working on the Jeep there was a large butterfly that kept following me around (in the garage.) At one point it landed on me.

I didn't detail the exterior because of the rain that was forecasted. It needs to be done too though.

Virgo, I started dating my husband at the same age you started dating yours, although we were friends for a year before we started dating. I still remember the date, so I understand how significant the date is for you. It is when it all started.

I think you picked a great way to recognize the date as it was something important to your husband and something he did for you. I loved hearing about the butterfly, especially unusual for them to stay inside the garage. Clearly a beautiful sign for you.

Thank you for sharing and hugs to you...

I share this date too.  This is the day in 1992 that I actually started "dating" my husband.  We dated 3 years, broke up 5 years, got back together in 2001 and got married in 2002.  The day he passed away, the vision I had in my head was of this day and his stupid red dew rag.