could use some urgent help if someone can

Carey

So yall remember yesterday was my daughter's 18th bday. I pawned my camera and got 250 dollars to bring her and her friends camping at the beach. Probably was irresponsible because money was so tight but I didn't know any other way  anyway my truck got broken into while we were on the beach and my purse got stolen. All my money was in there and my arm card and everything. My bank acct is temporarily frozen as is my card. I have no way to feed these girls or even ger home which is 100 miles away.... I don't want these girls parents to think I'm a total flake... I'm so upset and I can't seem very well typing on my phone. I had to drive to a McDonald's for wifi to send this ... we're camping in the woods in a state park... I can't believe I'm in this spot to ask yall bit o hope someone can ease help

Hi Carey,

I'm so sorry that you are in this terrible situation. A few thoughts:

- I'm thinking the priority is to get help so you can get home. Do you have enough gas in your truck to do that?

- If not, between the girls you are hosting, can they pitch in for gas?

- if not, I think it's time to call for help from one of the girls parents.

Although you are worried about how it looks to their parents, it truly doesn't matter...the priority is getting everyone home safely.

They will understand that this was completely unexpected and not your fault.

Take care, Bluebird

No, don't have gas to get home. One girl canr get ahold of her mom.  This has been the weekend from hell. It stormed so bad all night last night and we had air mattresses leak ... I dobt know why I try. Common sense would have stayed home but it's a big birthday for her and I caved

There's nothing wrong with trying to do something nice for your daughter and her friends. It was important to you and you tried to make it happen. That's admirable Carey. I'm glad one of the girls can get to her Mom. The others might be able to a little later as well. I think the girls' parents are truly your  most direct access to help.

Thinking of you! Bluebird

Jocelyns mom is probably worse off than me. She said she couldn't help. ..she's like me.... we're all praying for Wednesday.. my mom yelled at me and hung up.  I give up. Pim glad I didn't leave my phone in my purse like I almost did

Take a deep breath and think logically...did you file a police report, talk to the state park office about the theft? Sometimes seriously they will give you cash to get home for an emergency. Other people camping close by? May have extra food? Are you at Myrtle Beach? That place is flooded with pawn shops. Anything on you you can pawn? ...just to get enough gas money to get home?

Also at Myrtle....they always have those time share people trying to get you to look at condos....and you usually get a gift (that you can pond) and they usually feed you.

I have been in these predict aments....it's important to be resourceful and street wise and appear in control to the girls. (Yea I ran our of gas after a huge power outrage that lasted 3 wks a few years back--I ended up just asking people on the road to give me money for gas that it was an emergency.

You're in the south--people will help out. Sometimes at the beaches they even have like a job for 2 hours on the beach.....

These are just things I have seen over the years down there.

I'm in nc. If it was my regular campground I've gone to foe years it'd not be an issue. I'm gonna ride down there and see if any of the "regulars" that I would know are there. Here they jusr said call triple A  lol. I'm working all the angles and yes you're right SB trying to appear calm and in Control in front of the girls which is probably why I had my hissy fit here.

I'm so sorry.

Probably going to have to ask around there.  I went to work one day (30 miles from home) knowing I'd have to get gas before I could get the kids and go home.  The fuel light came on half way to work.  Got to the gas station after work and no wallet.  It was at home, 30 miles away.  Drove the 8 miles to my daughter on E and parked at the gas station near where she was.  Walked to her care facility in the rain and asked the staff for cash.  You were robbed, it unfortunately happens and you have an emergency.  Also, could the police not help you with transportation home?

I'm such a chicken about so many things now and I embarrass so easily.  But I guess if it had come down to it I'd have checked with law enforcement. But the ideas you guys suggested helped me come up with a plan. First I went to rhe military campground where we used to be able to go. They filled up my tank. I was telling the people at Fort fisher about what happened and the person standing behind me waiting to check in handed me a $100 bill.  I used to always feel so secure down here because I was on a military installation and I guess it's just a different world at Carolina beach. I kicked myself all day for leaving the window down too far in the truck. It was just so blessed hot. Anyway...things worked out . I never should have come here begging  I just felt like such a moron and the fewer people that knew , the better.

Carey,

You sacrificed to give your daughter and her friends a great time for her birthday. You could have done nothing at all, but instead you thought of her first. You are an AMAZING mother. No matter how bad things may have gotten, you did all this for your daughter and made it through. Hopefully this experience will make you feel stronger. Life is an adventure!

Guest nonesuch

hey, shit happens/

I was going to ask if the police had some sort of victim reparation program, but it looks like you handled it, after all.

Don't feel bad ...you were scared, away from home, no money...and had other kids with you. I would've been on here freaking out too. Over the years though...I have learned (and it's been a work in progress) to think with logic not emotions especially in emergency situations.

So glad things worked out. ! I love that area of beaches.

I'm such a chicken about so many things now and I embarrass so easily.  But I guess if it had come down to it I'd have checked with law enforcement. But the ideas you guys suggested helped me come up with a plan. First I went to rhe military campground where we used to be able to go. They filled up my tank. I was telling the people at Fort fisher about what happened and the person standing behind me waiting to check in handed me a $100 bill.  I used to always feel so secure down here because I was on a military installation and I guess it's just a different world at Carolina beach. I kicked myself all day for leaving the window down too far in the truck. It was just so blessed hot. Anyway...things worked out . I never should have come here begging  I just felt like such a moron and the fewer people that knew , the better.

I'm really glad thinking it through here helped you come up with a plan.

It was a fairly difficult problem, because without an ATM card and a frozen bank account on your end, we couldn't get you financial help urgently. When it came down to it, you had to have help from someone local...you thought of a terrific way to do that. You're not a moron...you're resourceful!

Take care, Bluebird

Thank you guys .... between the storms all night Friday and the heat , something that was supposed to be fun and relaxing was anything but for me. The girls still had a great time but camping is just tough sometimes. You think you're on "vacation" and then you realize you're doing more than you did all week and I was just emotionally and physically at the end of my rope.  Today I get the fun of trying to figure out the bank mess and trying to remember what all was in my purse that I will need to replace.  And with all the drama of the weekend I forgot really about father's day, until my daughter broke down last night as soon as we got home. You never stop missing your daddy. Mine died in 2008 and it feels like yesterday.

Anyway, sorry for the drama and the crybabyness ....