I had a terrible fathers day

klim

let me rant please

I have a 17 yr old and a 19 year old that I have very few problems with. They basically have their acts together.

As far as trust issues I have had very few. Dh and I had started to trust them at home while we vacationed. They are not party animals or even party goers.

So forward to today , Father's day, my neighbour walks by and says something like

" i heard they sent the swat team. What was it BB guns?"

me "Huh?"

neighbour " i don't know what the big deal is we all had bb guns growing up. DId the cops do anything?

Me 'no everythings fine"

I have no frick'n clue what he's talking about. My boys do have bb guns.

I know nothing of any swat team or police action...... I didn't deny anything or even question the nieghbour about what he was talking about... he blindsided me.

So I'm left there wondering what on earth is going on. I ask my boys and they say "what are you taliking about "  and then I think wouldn't the police get a hold of me if there was an issue.

And then I feel bad that I questioned them and then ............I think why would the neighbour say that if there was no bases for it.

And if the cops were in the neighbourhood for another reason I feel bad I didn't defend my boys to the neighbour and let him think that they wern't being the responsible boys I think they are.

And all of this on Fathers day when he should be here to hear the accolades. He could help me deal with deal with all this stuff and tell me if it did happen that boys will be boys and he could see him doing stuff like that. And if it didn't happen that he would go tell the neighbour "how dare you assume my boys were in trouble.

hating it today!

I'm sorry you were so blindsided!  Hopefully you will get to the bottom of what actually happened but if it was a big deal you would know something.  No one was arrested or injured.  Teen and young adult men are bound to make a few poor decisions while their brains are still developing.  Maybe they are embarrassed to tell you what happened or the neighbor was just misinformed.

I think I would have said, "I have no idea what you are talking about" to my neighbor and gone from there. I wouldn't have mentioned it to my kids until I got the neighbor's side of things first. If your neighbor saw police cars in your neighborhood you might be able to call the police department and inquire. That would have blindsided me too. Let us know what you find out.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless it should happen again. The reality is, had they done anything too bad, you would have heard from the police, or a ticket would have been issued. The neighbor could have easily been mistaken or misinformed. There's also the possibility that the police may have shown up, but were at the wrong address, which is something that happened to me and my mom, years ago (now that's a humorous story, I shall have to share at some point).