question re: collecting SS on DH with early retirement

Beyondlife

I know most on here are way way younger than me but I know there are a few of us older young wids out there.

Grant died right after his 49th birthday.  I am 8 years older.  I am trying to take early retirement next year at age 62.  I would like to collect his SS until I am at full retirement age and then collect mine (older, worked more years, made more $)

I am setting up an appt with the SS office to see what my payment would be.

Does anybody have any suggestions about questions I need to ask? 

Thanks for any help

I was told I had to be 63 and unmarried to collect his social security.  I didn't realize I would have to choose between mine and his, I figured they were together.  My MIL is collecting both dad's and hers I believe.  Again I could be very wrong but I would see if you even have to choose.  I would be very interested to see what they tell you if you don't mind sharing. 

I've done a lot of checking and I could collect his after 60.  I've also read that I can collect his as long as I want, until I am eligible or want to collect my own.  I'm almost certain I can't collect both at the same time.

I can collect his, until at an age of my choosing I switch to mine and I am not locked into his payment

If his payment would be higher I could collect his forever instead of mine.

Couldn't get appointment with SS until July 23, even by phone, so I am starting a list of questions.