I still have Don's toothbrush and razor in the bathroom waiting

I still say we instead of I

I still say I am married , happily

I still see him everywhere , any man with a bald head cute Buddha belly

I still want him to tell me it was all just a bad dream

I still want to hear the roar of his truck pulling in the driveway

I still want him to make it all better

I still love him

for some reason today was a rough day ...never sure why but then again why wouldn't it

Oh Donswife, I could've written that exact post, except bald head. Hairline was receding but not yet bald. And although I gave the bathroom a good cleaning and organizing, I just couldn't bring myself to throw out his stuff...toothbrush, razor and everything else is still where he left it.

((Hugs))

Strangely, I only ever thought I saw him a couple of times. I "saw" my father a lot more often. I have no idea why. And his tooth brush? When mine wore out, I used his.

This same thing happened to me. I was estranged from my father for about 2 or 3 years before he died, so I already a bit vigilant seeing any man in town who looked like him. For some reason, this continued after he died for awhile...

I'm coming up on my one year sadiversary, and there have only been 2-3 times when I have seen someone that looked so much like Marsha that it gave me pause (once was our daughter). I found DW in our bed after she died, and I think that fact gave me much more closure than I had with my dad.

What's worse than keeping his toothbrush? Using it... And yes that is gross, but I do. I wear some of his shirts, others, the ones he wore a lot of, I can't bring myself to even look at. It hurts. His socks are mine now. My heart and soul are still his.

When I'm missing my husband badly, I go into his underwear drawer and wear his!  Actually his Tommy Hilfinger cotton boy short type are really nice.  I love them!  They don't ride up your butt and are very comfortable.  I just don't know what to do with that opening in the front though.

i just started wearing his boxers for Pajama's :)

I am sure it looks odd but they are so comfy

glad to hear I am not the only one

I started doing this a couple months ago.  He's been gone almost two years now.

I used to see my grandpa. My SIL saw my husband and he waved. She was the last person I would expect to hear that from. I used his antiperspirant for awhile. Some clothes. It is nice.