Wedding anniversary

I'm happy to see some familiar faces here on this forum. I was terribly saddened to find that the forum that got me through the worst of my grief was shut down.

Tomorrow should be our 8th wedding anniversary. I'm sad, and lonely, & everyone else is living & moving on; and I feel stuck. It's almost 3 years since he died...and I still feel active grief. I see no hope for joy, and I see no hope for anyone to call this year. I miss having my best friend. I miss meaning something to someone.

I am so sorry you are hurting, right now, and I am sorry that your love cannot be there to share your anniversary with you. I wish I had better words, or something more I could say or do to make things better, or easier, somehow. Sadly, there is no magic wand and my ability to form meaningful thoughts just isn't what it used to be. What I can do, though, is to send cyber hugs and tell you that I will be thinking of you on your anniversary, and that I hope you will be filled with a sense of peace, rather than sadness.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday would have been our 6th thought i was doing OK  but he waves of sadness have been hitting me all day in September will be 4 yrs he is gone but i feel like it was yesterday no one i know irl understands or even would want to listen to it "i should be all better by now !" sorry thanks for letting me just say it ..