Vacation with new guy and 3 kids

Sugarbell

This should be interesting. I asked all 3 kids how they felt if he went with us. They are all 3 outspoken and opionated and said "YeH it will be fun".. they all (including daughter now like him)...I am hesitate cause I am used to being in charge when it comes to traveling with my kids...but I need to learn compromise, etc so trying it.

Just 5 days 4 nights. First night Niagara Falls-We got adjoining rooms. Then next two nights at Watkins Glen State Park-Cqmping in a large two room 12 person tent (he is not a camper at all...but I planned it and he's going with it for me-he's actually excited.

Then a night in Rochester to go to Seabreeze Amusement park. Separate hotel rooms (not adjoining )

Them home. Just a quick loop. Wish me luck next week. We are getting more serious--but he knows I want to date for years before any formal (marriage) commitment. I guess this is another test of compatibility-Vacationing just the 2 of us went great...Now trying it with my 3.

If we are still speaking after this trip (Lol)...he wants to take all of us (including his 20 year old daughter) to NYC in the fall and Washingon DC.

I am paying for everything for kids and I ( rooms booked at Motel 6 and Budget Inn and camping)--He's paying for his room and said we can split food expenses (Altbough I do coolers and bring most of food)...happy that he's willing to come over to my side and let me plan/pay/etc...hopefully he can handle the way we travel (which is like gypsies-I get a rush seeing how cheap I can vacation). Lol. If he can survive 2 nights in a tent with us he might just be a keeper .  :)

I think it's great that he wants to do your kind of vacation, that should make it easier on the kids plus it's a good sign that he's willing to compromise and try new things. I think a long car trip with 3 kids will be a big test to see exactly what he's made of!  Lol

Trip was amazing....we crammed in lots of adventures in 4 days.

I could go on and on....But I think we both passed each other's mental tests.

He gets my weirdness....i get his. He's a smartass...but adaptable..

Everyone got along great-it was a fun, smooth trip!! :)