Beyond active grieving

Guest running with scissors

At five years.  I guess I am beyond at some point.  But... I still miss my husband so much.  I haven't dated, nor do I think I can, but my life is moving along, lonely at times though.  One day at a time,  life goes on.

Guest mawidow

This experience totally defies categorization. I'm glad you posted and I am sending support. Whatever we feel, whenever it is in the timeline, is normal.

I think I moved into the beyond active grieving forum around 3 years on the old board but was no where near beyond ACTIVE grieving, it has been a long process for me, at seven years I finally feel like I am beyong active grieving.  I really, truly have accepted that this is indeed my life to live and I am actively pursuing it.  Up until this year I was still actively grieving my old life as his wife.  Welcome to the board.

I'm sorry to see we all feel the same.  I feel hopeful that just getting up everyday I will one day notice I've progressed.

But I still feel stuck,,  like I"m stuck in mud or something, so hard to drag myself forward.

running with scissors almost seems like I'm getting somewhere at a fast pace, but scared of falling,  I don't know, I'm confused, and scared and lonely but don't know how to "move on" .  I hate that term, "move on"  I have been moving forward for five years but feel like I'm in the same place, just dealing a little better.  Maybe my name should be running in mud :(

Thanks everyone for understanding.