My FIL saw DH today

AndysWife

I have been with my inlaws every day and night this week as my FIL is dying in hospital. It's incredibly tough to say the least.

Today, my FIL told my stepson, MIL & I that the people in the room were too noisy. There was nobody else there so my MIL asked him to repeat what he said and he said that "Andrew" and his own brothers and sisters were talking too loud as they were leaning against the wall.

Andrew is my DH.

We all looked at each other and I had to leave the room as tears started and I didn't want to upset my MIL but she was in the same state as me and came out with me. I am an aged care nurse and work with end of life residents mostly, and this is not uncommon but the idea that DH might have been there is more than a bit exciting for me to think about. My FIL only said the names of those who have passed so I can't write it off as hallucinations and he isn't on any morphine or any other mind altering drug.

I am not religious or spiritual (I sometimes wish I was) and I am skeptical of most things in general but boy this has affected me.

I don't have any questions nor do I need any advice, I just wanted to share this among people who wouldn't be weirded out like those in my real life.

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. Thank you for sharing this story. It brings me comfort to hear things like that. I really don't know what I believe, but I know what I WANT to believe and things like this make my heart happy.

I truly believe.

My grandmother, who was born in Canada and spoke French until she moved here with her husband and children, passed away back in 1973. Her children, including my Dad, were in the room when she died. She started talking in French to her late husband, as if he were in the room.

I believe our loved ones come and get us as we "cross over" so we are not alone on the journey.

I can't wait.

AW, I'm sorry your FIL is so ill. It is good your MIL has you there for her, although I'm sure it is hard for you. I've had two similar experiences with loved ones near death reporting seeing relatives that had passed away. It made me a believer where I had been quite skeptical before. I can imagine feeling that your husband may be present in some way must bring up a lot of emotion.

Sending you tight hugs...