1 Year Remembrance By The Letters

On Sunday, 9/27/15, it will be the first anniversary of Dan?s death so I wanted to share my thoughts and reflections about the last year in a unique way..using the letters of his name.

D is for determination to fight through the pain and to find the strength to take on each day with as much confidence, courage and fearlessness as I can find

A is for adaptability to adjust my path in life and be open to new things recognizing that so much is beyond our control

N is for neutrality to stop participating in conflict and hateful behavior to begin to achieve a much more peaceful life

I is for innovation and flexibility to confront challenges and, most importantly, change head on

E is for endurance to continue the personal growth and development that occurs as we all inevitably evolve and transform into someone else who now has been through a very painful and devastating life experience

L is for love to share it, never take it for granted and to be grateful for it

It?s hard for me to believe it?s been a year since I started this awful journey, so much has changed.  But, by taking it one day at a time, trying my best to stay positive and keeping my head up, I am doing alright?not wonderful or awesome, just alright and that works for now.  As we all pass through these anniversaries/milestones, whether it be weeks, months or years, I wish everyone on this board positive thoughts, many blessings and peace as you travel along your own path. 

I wish that I had seen this earlier, so that I could have told you sooner that you are in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing your reflections with us. So much of what you said resonated with me, especially what you included about determination and endurance. If I have learned nothing else on this journey, I have learned that it takes great determination just to get out of the bed some days. (((Hugs)))