It Brings Me Happiness When the Old Me Comes Back

Captains wife

I always loved entertaining, my husband and I loved entertaining together-I missed that. I get very Martha Stewart about throwing parties and I really enjoy it. This past weekend I threw my first real party (dinner and drinks) since my husband died 3.5 years ago- for about 20 women I sail with. It was a lot of work with everything else I have on my plate but party went really well and everyone had a good time, me included. I felt happy after the event and felt like my old self somewhat. It was a great feeling....just wanted to share some good news here.

Love this CW! 😊

We were very much like you. We were grand hosts, lots of amazing food,  and we did it together. It's been just past 3 years and I still have yet to try again on my own.

Thank you for sharing and giving me some inspiration!

Guest TooSoon

We entertained a lot, too. In fact, just months before his diagnosis, we bought this house I'm still in now in part for how perfect it is for entertaining.  I love a house full of people, children running around, cooking for others!  When adp has been here visiting, we've hosted 2 dinner parties and a bago.  Kudos to you for coordinating it on your own - I think I've entertained solo all of twice since Scott died.  Your post made me smile!

That's awesome!  We were always the party house, I've thrown a few since DH died but it hasn't been the same.  Now that I'm in a new house I think I will eventually be able to entertain in a way that feels new and just me.