Radio Hell Supporters, we need you!

JacklessSally

While we patiently await our fearless leader, the merchandising department needs some ideas for merch we could create for our favorite radio station, and to support Radio Hell's band The Despondents. What quote from Radio Hell's transmissions stands out to you, and you would rock on a shirt, tote bag, bumper sticker. We wanna hear from you!

To the members of the Despondents: If you could each message me your location, I am working on putting together a tour poster of sorts, and want to make sure that your home town is a "stop" on the tour. :)

Also, What did Radio Hell/Transmissions from Hell mean to you? Are you anxious for it's return?

You know my thoughts on this. ;) I didn't think about a tote bag-- way cool!!

Latest update from the station manager: he's planning to open the new studio on St Patrick's Day, and with a bang. However, for various reasons, there might be a delay. Hang tight-- and some good vibes sent Michael's way would not go amiss.

Transmissions From Hell is what hooked me on YWBB.  Michael's lists were full of dark humor, but raw truth as well.  The thread took on a life of its own and many of us posted there often. It was one of the most read threads in the 1-6 month section, and then it evolved into Radio Hell, which was started in the 6mo-1year section as a continuance as many of the original posters were past the 6 month mark.  The ideas for bumber stickers and t-shirts for us wids were hilarious, and I think we actually were thinking of producing some. Michael posted lyrics to a song he wrote, and that eventually produced a very impressive song that he put together as different people sang a few lines and sent him their recording.  Before the old board went down, I think they had plans for more productions, hell even a tour may be in the works.  I hope the best for Michael, and I wish we could let him know how much we are pulling for him and that he's missed.  Everyone here is welcome to stop by the station once it's up and running again, because if your here, your in hell, but at least the company is good.

azjane, I believe this is what Sally was referring to. Here's a bunch of bumper stickers from a 2014 post:

1. Red, bled, and dead ? nobody rides free.

2. My other car is a Hearse.

3. If you can read this, you?re about to meet my spouse.

4. This vehicle stops at all widowbagos.

5. Warning: driver has widow brain

6. 10-4, dead buddy.

7. You have NO idea how fucking lucky you are.

7a. Try raising three honor students by yourself!

8. My baby?s in Heaven, but I went to Hell

(Shameless promotion)

9. I brake for hysterical sobbing.

10. Heaven took back the angel it was missing.

11. I have no idea where I?m going.

12. Happy people suck.

Jenni's info is correct, the station will be open again by St. Pat's. Forgive me, folks - irony once again is supplying unprecedented payback. I'm coping pretty well with the dead. It's the living who are killing me.

See ya soon - congrats and thanks for the board. And thank you as always to all you precious listeners.

azjane, I believe this is what Sally was referring to. Here's a bunch of bumper stickers from a 2014 post:

1. Red, bled, and dead ? nobody rides free.

2. My other car is a Hearse.

3. If you can read this, you?re about to meet my spouse.

4. This vehicle stops at all widowbagos.

5. Warning: driver has widow brain

6. 10-4, dead buddy.

7. You have NO idea how fucking lucky you are.

7a. Try raising three honor students by yourself!

8. My baby?s in Heaven, but I went to Hell

(Shameless promotion)

9. I brake for hysterical sobbing.

10. Heaven took back the angel it was missing.

11. I have no idea where I?m going.

12. Happy people suck.

Jenni's info is correct, the station will be open again by St. Pat's. Forgive me, folks - irony once again is supplying unprecedented payback. I'm coping pretty well with the dead. It's the living who are killing me.

See ya soon - congrats and thanks for the board. And thank you as always to all you precious listeners.

I need a micro bus because I want one of each bumper sticker.  Can you have them ready for the nyc bago?  It IS my birthday weekend, you know 😜