3 years

Wtf.. 3 years .. I look at pictures of the kids from then and now, he wouldn't recognize them. All that has changed , fixed, broken , purchased and yet the constant is he's not here . I've dated , was with someone for a year .. I can move on in a sense .. The kids ? Never will have another father, one that loved them , cherished them , was there for them . Wtf .. I can recall every part of that day three years ago , leading up to when the police were waiting for me when I got home from work.

Sorry momtojandj,

I so understand what you are saying - I am 3 years and 5 months out, and also lost my husband suddenly in an accident. I see pics of the 3 of us and think to myself - what the hell happened to our lives? My 4 year old son was talking about his dad being dead the other day and its heartbreaking. He asked when he could see him. Its absolutely NOT fair that our kids have to be subjected to this and NO ONE will ever come close to being there and loving him like his Dad did. I too feel I am trying to move forward but the sense of loss for my son also breaks my heart and holds me back.

Sending widow support - so sorry we and our kids all have to go through this nightmare.....

Wtf.. 3 years .. I look at pictures of the kids from then and now, he wouldn't recognize them. All that has changed , fixed, broken , purchased and yet the constant is he's not here . I've dated , was with someone for a year .. I can move on in a sense .. The kids ? Never will have another father, one that loved them , cherished them , was there for them . Wtf .. I can recall every part of that day three years ago , leading up to when the police were waiting for me when I got home from work.

I get it. Sometimes my life feels surreal.

Hugs,

abl

I so conpletely understand this, practically word for word except his boss showed up at my door...

Biggest hugs to you and your kids.

We can plug through our days, and time passes, then something like a sadiversary or other trigger makes us stop and really look at all our spouse has missed, all that our kids have missed out on, all that we once had and it all seems too impossible.  Sending you big hugs.

I am so sorry for all that you and your kids have lost out on. Time changes things, but it can never erase all that you shared, and it cannot erase all those moments that he should have been able to share with you, now and in the future. As others have said, it is all so very unfair. (((Hugs)))