Wild Wids at Disneyland - Thursday, July 21st (changed the name of the thread)

lcoxwell

"If you build it, they will come." - Field of Dreams

Since I, apparently, live too far away to attend any Bagos, up to this point, I have been feeling as if I have been missing out. A few wise widow/widower friends have advised that, if I want to have a Bago, all I have to do is pick a time and place, tell people to be there, and they will come. With that being said, I would like to propose a Late Spring 2016 Bago, to take place here in sunny California. I was thinking of setting a date for some time in May; and upon the suggestion of the ever-wonderful Jen, I thought it might be fun to plan a Bago for Disneyland (or one of the other popular theme parks in the general area). With that being said, who's in?

edited to add: I stole the name from Jen and changed the title of the thread, now that we have an actual date for our DisneylandBago. :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to try to make it work. Disneyland is a 6-7 hour drive I have made many times from Phoenix. I went recently for a day when I was in LA for work to reclaim the space for me, but now I am ready for some real fun! :)

I could do almost any Saturday or Sunday in May; though Saturdays tend to work best for me, since I have church on Sundays. I was thinking about trying to plan our Disney Adventure on Saturday, May 7th or Saturday, May 21st. The other two weekends are Mother's Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend, so there might be more of a crowd then. I am, however, open to suggestions and am willing to plan this shindig for any day that might fit with people's schedules. With that being said, does anyone have a preference on what day we plan to have our Sunny CA Bago?

Here's my problem: I can't do May. :(  July, however, is an altogether different story. My second child was born in Los Angeles, but we moved when he was 10 days old, and he's never been back. His birthday is July 20, and since that falls nicely in line with our family vacation, I can make a very strong case for Disney/Anaheim/LA. (In fact, my mom already said yes.) And I have permission to add input from my partner in crime: July 21 is Michael's 2nd sadiversary, and there is nowhere he would rather be than heading west on the WidzWorldTour. So... just putting this out there... would anyone else consider doing a Disney Bago Extravaganza in July?

• 1 month later...

I have been looking at dates, and my schedule is open anywhere from Friday, July 15th through Sunday, July 24th. Would you all rather we schedule the Bago for a weekend (which might be easier for some to attend, but may be a bit more crowded), or would you rather go to Disneyland some time in the middle of the week? If you all can let me know what day works for you, we can set a definite date, so people can start planning to attend. I really, REALLY want to make this happen! I cannot tell you how excited I am that there is interest in my Disneyland Bago idea, and I cannot wait to finally meet some of you!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to propose that Actual Wild Wids at Disneyland Day be Thurs, July 21. That gives me time to drive from AR with my family and celebrate my son's 14th birthday on the 20th-- he was born in LA, but we moved when he was 10 days old, so this is a big deal for him too. That timing works particularly well for my partner in crime as well. Please please please??