Wild Wids at Disneyland - Thursday, July 21st (changed the name of the thread)

lcoxwell

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, of course, nothing happens without Jenni, the dutiful Sancho to my raving Quixote. Yes, this qualifies as a big deal!

And here I thought I had the monopoly on windmill tilting :).  My big Friesian cross really is named Rocinante.  But everyone calls her Rosie

Color me a definite maybe.  I'll put in for the day off.  Gives me about an 80% chance, will know by June 20th

Updated list:

People that said they are in at some point in this thread:

lcoxwell

Jen

Jess

Justin (+DD and friend of DD)

November

MauiMermaid

Michael797

LiveToRide (+DD)

twistedmensa (+kids)

People that have said Maybe somewhere in this thread:

Mr C

Quixote

Momtojandj

Karin

Gracelet

Amor

twistedmensa, does this mean you will be taking an actual bago to the bago? :)

Tickets purchased and vacation approved, I'm in! July 20 is my son's 14th birthday, and he was born in Los Angeles-- this will be the first time he's actually seen the place; we moved when he was 10 days old! I'll have my entire family at Disneyland on the 20th and again on the 21st-- but they know that Thursday is Bago Day, and they're on their own and/or with Gran. Michael will be flying in that morning-- I'll go collect him and then we'll meet y'all in the park! :D

In a moment of stupidity, I mentioned this bago to my kids in a passing way. Their response was "oh, Mom, a bago we would really enjoy going to and we're not going?" I told them it wasn't thinkable financially, so don't even go further in trying to convince me. Secretly, I'm as disappointed as they are. So many people I'd love to meet in person. Plus we've never been to Disneyland. If only I had a fairy godmother!! I hope you all have a great time!

Aww SVS. I admit I saw you were the last post in this thread and I got excited thinking it could just be you saying you could go because I would so love to get to meet you in person some day. Maybe if this is a success it could become an annual thing where we all have time to budget and plan so maybe you can join us next time. :)

I like the annual idea – let's keep it in mind!  I wish I could make this one, but I'll be on a work trip. I'd love to do it another time, though. I'm betting you'll all have lots of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

We have decided on ShoreBreak in Huntington Beach. It looks adorable and it's beach front! We are staying Mon-Sat, because it made the trip way cheaper. YAY!!!

Anyone wanna join me on a vacation on the beach?  ;D ;D

My New Guy is not a Disneyland kind of guy, but Huntington beach is where he kissed me for the very first time. I MIGHT be able to convince him to come down one of those days to hang out on the beach or to go for a bike ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than a month away!

There is now information for that day found on this page:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/calendar/daily/?day=20160721

Here are the highlights:

-Park Hours: 8am-midnight (If your ticket permits, there is also a magic morning early admission this day)

-Ride closures are as follows:

Mark Twain Riverboat

Sailing Ship Columbia

Tom Sawyers Island

Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

Disneyland Railroad

-Disneyland Fireworks are at 9:30pm and California Adventure's are at 9:00pm and 10:15pm.

And pasting below the most recently updated list (sorry we will miss you this time, Momtojandj) :

lcoxwell

Jen

Jess

November

MauiMermaid

Michael797

LiveToRide (+DD)

twistedmensa (+kids)

People that have said Maybe somewhere in this thread:

Mr C

Quixote

Karin

Gracelet

Amor

I know my plan (probably to the chagrin of my party), is to be there for the opening, but I don't think it is practical to meet at that time and have a specific location nor do I think everyone wants or is able to get there that early, lol. There is a statue of Walt and Mickey in front of the castle right in the middle of the park that is a good meeting place:

http://www.tipsfromthedisneydiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IMG_2741.jpg

Now we just need a time. :)

I'll be picking Michael up at LAX at 9 am, then we're heading straight to Anaheim. Based on my experience with LA traffic (and it's been awhile), I'm guessing we'll get to the park around noon.

Less than a month away!

There is now information for that day found on this page:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/calendar/daily/?day=20160721

Here are the highlights:

-Park Hours: 8am-midnight (If your ticket permits, there is also a magic morning early admission this day)

-Ride closures are as follows:

Mark Twain Riverboat

Sailing Ship Columbia

Tom Sawyers Island

Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

Disneyland Railroad

-Disneyland Fireworks are at 9:30pm and California Adventure's are at 9:00pm and 10:15pm.

And pasting below the most recently updated list (sorry we will miss you this time, Momtojandj) :

lcoxwell

Jen

Jess

November

MauiMermaid

Michael797

LiveToRide (+DD)

twistedmensa (+kids)

I will be working an event in LA the evening of July 21st. :( I literally work from home 95% of the time and the one day I have to be somewhere. UGH!

Enjoy!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Lily and I have decided against Disney. She has no interest in rides or the park. Strange kid! We will instead be doing chill things in the Huntington Beach area. If anyone wants to see what we have decided on for the day and join, I welcome company! Have a blast at Disney!!

Looks as if I have to be in Phoenix tomorrow for my aviation medical.  So no MouseLand for me, I'm afraid. Have fun, everyone!

Aw, man! We were looking forward to finally meeting you. Ironic that we left Phoenix this morning.

We just checked into our hotel in Anaheim and look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!