Need Permission....facebook related

PhotoJunkie

I want to unfriend my sister from Facebook.  I know this may seem silly but its hard for me to do.  The worse part is that if I do it right now, it will be taken in the wrong way as we are in the middle of another big blow up.  But that isn't the main reason I want to unfriend her.  I do want a break from her in all ways right now yes, but her feed is exhausting from her multiple posts about her online classes, to her many many many posts regarding her latest and greatest work from home project, to the 20+ posts about what outfit to wear to her husbands holiday party, (all of these in one day I kid you not). Not to mention all the memes and other things she decides to share throughout the day.  Im talking at least 30 posts a day. 

I have tried filtering out what I don't want to see but that only works on certain posts and it doesn't get rid of all of those either. 

Do I just go ahead and unfriend now, or in the interest of not amping up the drama wait a week or two?  Perhaps at the new year?  I dunno.  When it comes to her I question everything and stress constantly and I would really like to reduce that stress for a while and take a breather.  I know this may sound silly and normally I wouldn't need to get permission from others to do what I want to do, but this relationship with my sister is so complicated and I feel completely beat down right now that I don't know what is right or wrong. 

Thanks in advance

I want to unfriend my sister from Facebook.  I know this may seem silly but its hard for me to do.

[...]

Do I just go ahead and unfriend now, or in the interest of not amping up the drama wait a week or two?  Perhaps at the new year?  I dunno.

[...]

When it comes to her I question everything and stress constantly and I would really like to reduce that stress for a while and take a breather.

[...]

... this relationship with my sister is so complicated and I feel completely beat down right now that I don't know what is right or wrong. 

Can you take a week or two off from Facebook?  Just make yourself "too busy" to look at it until after Thanksgiving (if you're an American).

The Facebook users here might also help you find a way to filter out your sister's noisy updates without antagonizing her.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

You can choice to unfollow her, and nothing she posts will go through to your page . I have done that with people , and then when I was ready unfriended them . They will have no clue you unfollowed them, and if you want to see her posts just click on her page. Tough choice.. Best of luck

So, if someone is an Acquantance, they don't get your posts in their feed and you don't get theirs? But will they see your posts when they go to your page if your audience did not include acquaintances ? Just want to be sure, as I also don't want to offend someone whose posts are driving me crazy.

Sam

Guest nonesuch

I follow very few of the people I know.  I search for their pages when I want to see what's up with them.  I happened to look at an acquaintance's timeline and he'd just announced hours before he and Wife were expecting. What great timing!

All has already been said.  I had to add an Aunt to my restricted list because she commented on every post and sometimes was negative.  She likely didn't mean to be but there were a couple of times her comments cause an argument between her and one or two of my BFFs.  She only sees things that I make public - like my profile pic or cover photo.  I have to say the last straw was a comment she made about a narrative regarding a bunny that survived the crash of the Twin Towers.  My sister knew I was ticked when my reply was a steely, "it was a rhetorical statement."

After that I was pretty much done with her comments.

Facebook...hmmm

Ya know I quit Facebook a few years ago,it's difficult for me to worry with other's 'lives' on Facebook.

Honestly I'm glad you found a way to not be bombarded while not offending you sister in reality of life,it's kinda odd thinking about that fact; someone could get offended from the process of 'unfriending'.