My pet goat died

Quixote

Not a joke thread, just a bit of a dump.  Found my pet goat ripped open by coyotes this morning.  Been trying to get a mule or something on property as a protector critter, but the various rescue deals kept falling through.  Should have just bought one :(

Funny how we are about pets.  Heck, I've eaten goat.  But she was an affectionate critter, if a bit of a pain in the rear (invariably would escape the property at least once a week and I'd find her on the driveway, bleating for her meal ticket.  I dunno.  We love who and what we love, I guess.  Really didn't need to see her carcass, but took care of what needed taking care of.  It's what we do.

Awww, man -that's just terrible! I had a couple alpacas & goats until recently (sadly, had to re-home them as I'm planning a move where they can't go). Goats in particular have great personalities. I was really attached to mine- finding it like that would be horrible.

It was hard enough finding two of my pet laying hens killed- heads gone. I found one dead in the coup so I reinforced the housing. Came out next morning to find the second casualty! I about lost it. Ironically, it turned out I trapped the killer- a raccoon- *inside* the coup hiding in the rafters when I did my reinforcing! :-[