Abitlost

I am so sorry, Abitlost. I understand that blending difficulty. I am at three years with NG, and it is so hard for me, too. I know he would like to move forward, but I just can't right now. I love him, but honestly, I am just not at the point where I feel like I can take on his stuff when I am still dealing with grief. I feel like I am sort of living a pseudo life, and I wonder when I will truly be able to fully move forward. So far NG doesn't push me, but  I wonder how much longer we can be status quo.

{{{HUGS}}} Try not to focus on it, if he wasn't someone who you could see "blending" with, then he maybe he isn't the right one for you.  Definitely not easy to get over, he moves on quickly and most likely makes you feel like you weren't as important to him as he was to you.  More Hugs!

I know it hurts. I'm sorry.

Sometimes when ppl are ready to settle down, they find/attract other ppl who are just as ready and things move fast. It doesn't negate relationships that came before and it doesn't replace them. They are new relationships in their own right.

Timing is an important factor in relationships working or not. Yours and his didn't mesh. That just happens. But it does suck.

Be gentler with yourself. His moving on isn't about you or the relationship you two had. It's about him and what he wants from life and for himself.

Focus on you and what you really need and just give it some more time.

(((Abitlost))) I'm sorry, I'm sure it is very painful to know he is moving on with someone else.  It doesn't change what was between you for 4.5 years just like you falling in love with him didn't change the love you had for your DH.

Keep reminding yourself why you are no longer together, you made a choice that was best for you and your children which took amazing strength given the feelings you had for him.