Final exams

Wheelerswife

Okay, fellow students.  I need a bit of a push!  I'm just wrapping up the end of my first year of a two-year Master's program in Higher Education Student Affairs.  The semester has gone well and I really just have one final exam left for my law class.  I can't seem to make myself study.  10 short essay questions...so I'd better know the material. 

I imagine that there are others here who are in school right now.  Is anyone else having trouble focusing?  I imagine the situation might be similar for people who have projects to do at work.

Maureen

Hi Maureen, I just finished one course. That was in addition to full time work and a child. I found it difficult to stay motivated. I kept on thinking how I would feel once it was done and that was my motivation. Then I though of the alternative. I couldn't fail so I kicked myself in the ass and just got through it. I don't have much advice except that the day will come when you finish this year and you will be proud of yourself. Good luck!

Great advice ilya! Ms. Maureen, buckle down Ma'am. Failure is not an option. Make us wids proud! You can do it.

Give me an M...M, you got your M, you got your M

Give me an A...A, you got your A, you got your A

Give me an U...U, you got your U, you got your U

Give me an R...R, you got your R, you got your R

Give me an E...E, you got your E, you got your E

Give me an E...E, you got your E, you got your E

Give me an N...N, you got your N, you got your N

You're an inspiration.

V/r

Boris

Okay, Boris.  I'm procrastinating, came to the board to avoid studying - and now I see that I have a cheerleader!  You cracked me up.  Okay...one good kick in the pants!

ilya, I admire your perseverance.  I don't have a child to raise on my own.  I really only have myself to take care of.  The reality is I don't want to embarrass myself with a bad grade, so I have to pull this off.  Grad school isn't too forgiving when it comes to B's and C's.

Off I go!

Maureen

Maureen, I can procrastinate with the best of them so I get it. But one more exam and then you get a nice long break so get to it!  Make a nice cup of tea, make sure the house is cool and sit your butt in front of those books my friend.  You can do it!

Maybe try dividing up the work load so you are only responsible for a little bit on a daily basis, that way you are not overwhelmed, and it's OKAY to procrastinate a little as long as you get most of what you had in store done for the day. Also, I find it helps if things are done this way, helps with the overwhelmed feeling, and lack of motivation as you can tell yourself you are only responsible for x amount.

Don't think and focus on the outcome, just try to do. I find it helps to just plunge into things......

Good luck!