Sick days and young children

canadiangirl

And then there are the days when you feel terrible with a cold, the flu or whatever (could be worse).  And you look around for anyone else to make the lunch, help the small one get dressed and out the door, take her/him to school so you can go back to bed.  But there's no one.  So you do all this and although you would love to go to bed where you belong, you drag yourself to work because of course you are behind at work, there is catch-up to be done.  Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat. the next sick day.  Posting because I am sure there are some who can relate to the day I am having. 

Hugs to you Canadiangirl.  I can relate as I'm down with the flu and of course haven't done the grocery shopping or laundry and there's noone else to do it, so I'm dressed and working up the energy to drag myself to the store.  Laundry can wait.

Guest TooSoon

I super-get this and I'm sorry you're going through it. The week after Thanksgiving I was so sick.  But I just had to soldier on - there was no other option.  It was excruciating and unrelenting.  Hope you are feeling better, CG.  xoxo

Felt like crap today think I'm getting a cold really wanted to crawl in bed and spend the day there. Instead I went to work came home did dinner and just got home from our evenings activities.  I can now go to bed and stay there until the alarm rings and I get to do it all again.  Happy happy Joy Joy.  The life of a solo parent.  Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

I feel your pain too, not sick but terrible insomnia last night, only 3 hours of sleep.  Luckily my kids are old enough that I don't do much for them in the morning except remind them about who has to do what after school and kiss them good bye then I head off to school as my sons bus pulls down the street.  Home at 6:45, and out the door at 7:30 for basketball practice that went until 9:15 (way too late for an 11 year old!) now I'm trying to wind down and hopefully sleep tonight.  My sister is coming to visit Saturday morning for the first time at our new house and my house is a disaster! I have 2 Christmas parties tomorrow so I have no idea when I'm going to clean up. 

Hope everyone is feeling healthier and stronger tomorrow. No rest for the weary solo parent.

I can relate.  Seems now whenever one of my children gets the sniffles, I catch it and it ends up being bronchitis.  2 years ago, it got so bad, I missed 10 days of work, had to have steroids, breathing treatments, the works.  It was winter break so at least I didn't have to go out to get anyone to school.  Kids were 10 and 3.  The 10 year-old microwaved food after I would drag myself out to get groceries.  That was the only time we got dressed while I was sick except when I went to the doctor.  I remember buying extra underwear and socks so I wouldn't have to do the laundry.

I had it again this year; but it didn't get to be as bad.  It's like a vicious cycle.  You need to rest to feel better; but you have so many responsibilities you can't.  But because you don't, crap usually lasts longer.  Hope everyone feels better.

That is the worst. One night I was hit with really bad food poisoning and as I was being violent ill all I could think of was "thank goodness it's the middle of the night and no one needs me!" Hang in there. They get older and can handle more on their own.